Guardian, Feb. 23, 2013: As of February 2013, Japan has tested 133,000 children in Fukushima and found abnormal thyroid cysts and nodules in 42% of them. Three cases of cancer were confirmed and another seven were suspected cases “with an 80% chance of malignancy”. The issue is bound to escalate further.
Japan resident James Corbett, Corbett Report: I’ve also got a post up on the front page of Fukushima Update right now talking about the thyroid cancers that are skyrocketing right now. They found 3 youths under 18 right now in Fukushima with thyroid cancer, which is an unusual level. And supposedly they’re now doing controlled testing in other parts of Japan to try to see if this is really unusual or if they’re just uncovering more thyroid cancers. But again this coming from the Japanese government, I’m not exactly holding my breath for an independent evaluation of what’s going on here.
Published: February 24th, 2013 at 3:06 pm ET
- Nuclear Experts: Million cancers could result from Fukushima — Already hundreds of times more thyroid cancers… “Just the tip of the iceberg… worst is yet to come” — “Enormous spikes in cancer… devastating health effects” (VIDEO) November 7, 2015
- 43% of kids have thyroid abnormalities in new Fukushima City test results (CHART) September 11, 2012
- Japan Professor: Fukushima crisis is leading to surge in thyroid cancers… First signs of health catastrophe — NHK: Trend seen in new cancer tests is ‘suspicious’ (VIDEO) August 23, 2013
- NYTimes: Doctors want ban on thyroid cancer screenings — “A tsunami of thyroid cancer… Stop the diagnosis… We need to actively discourage early detection” — WSJ: Judge rules nuclear reactors causing thyroid cancers — Study: Fukushima-related tumors can spread very fast, must be closely monitored November 7, 2014
- UPI: ‘Skyrocketing’ cancer cases in Fukushima — AP: ‘Alarming’ cancer rates after nuclear disaster — Times: Child cancers up 5,000% — Radiation doses may be “considerably higher” than estimated — Expert: Cancer outbreak shows officials must now prepare for onset of leukemia, other diseases (VIDEO) October 8, 2015