Wall St. Journal: Dead Rodents Cause Another Cooling System Halt at Stricken Plant [...] (Tepco) halted cooling operations at a spent fuel storage pool at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant for about four hours Monday after discovering two dead rodents on a control panel near an electrical transformer.
Reuters: Fuel-rod cooling halted by rats at crippled Japan nuclear plant [...] Japan’s crippled Fukushima nuclear plant halted cooling of a spent fuel pool at the site on Monday to remove two dead rats, the third time cooling equipment has gone offline in five weeks because of rodents.
Atlantic Wire: A cooling fuel pool was shut down for a few hours Monday at Japan’s embattled Fukushima nuclear power plant so workers could remove two dead rats. It was the third time in a little over a month that cooling equipment had to be shut down for rat related issues — and right now there are more radioactive rodent recurrences than answers. Three times is a trend, friends.
See also: NYT: Rat Chase Again Bedevils Fukushima Nuclear Plant -- Power lost to spent fuel pool for hours
Published: April 22nd, 2013 at 12:38 pm ET
- Kyodo: Alarm sounds at Fukushima plant, Unit 4 cooling system stops (VIDEO) February 24, 2014
- Fox News: “Leak at Fukushima nuclear plant threatens dangerous meltdown… Trouble is looming” — Officials: “No idea when it can resume cooling system for spent fuel pool” (PHOTOS) July 7, 2014
- NHK: Another fuel pool loses cooling system at Fukushima Daiichi — CBC: May take days to repair March 18, 2013
- AP: Fukushima Daiichi blackout has continued for hours — 3 fuel pools without fresh cooling water March 18, 2013
- 3 recent studies report multiple fires at Fukushima Unit 4 — “Occurred in spent fuel cooling pool” October 16, 2013