Charles Bolden, NASA Administrator: So my answer to you is if it’s coming in 3 weeks, pray.
Christine Romans, CNN: Pray? You heard right. Pray. From a scientist, when a scientist says pray you know you’re in trouble […]
Neil deGrasse Tyson: Saying that when an asteroid comes pray, something’s wrong. I’m sorry, something’s wrong. We know how to deflect asteroids, the physics and the engineering of that are straight forward actually. […] There is no funded plan to deflect an asteroid.
Romans: How likely is it really?
Tyson: We just saw… what do you mean how likely? We just saw Russia! […] Go to the resident s of Chelyabinsk and ask them could it happen. Yeah. Yeah, it happened. […]
You’d think if the human species was at risk of being extinct you wouldn’t have debates about this, you would just say, “Let’s get on the case here.” [...]
Published: March 25th, 2013 at 4:42 pm ET
- Gundersen: Fukushima Daiichi “far from stable” — Water pooling at site could allow units to ’tilt’ during quake — Cooling of melted fuel that’s in buildings is going to be jeopardized — We’d be back to 3/11 again — Pray there’s no quake, that’s critical (AUDIO) September 26, 2013
- TV: “In Fukushima, mothers with young children pray everyday for an escape” — Black cloud is concealing truth (VIDEO) March 5, 2013
- TV: Nuclear facilities near where meteor fragments landed in Russia — Radiation testing to continue throughout day — Location of third worst nuke accident ever (VIDEO) February 15, 2013
- ‘Unconfirmed Reports’: Meteorite blown up by missile over Russia? February 15, 2013
- German Radiation Expert: No way to stop nuclear fuel that’s melted-through — Can only pray it does not touch underground water vein (VIDEO) December 4, 2011