Assumption Parish Police Jury, 10:45 a ET: Texas Brine contractors have reported and verified that a home on a slab, located on Sauce Piquante Lane, has the presence of gas under the slab of both the home and the shed. Monitoring will continue to check for gas presence at this location.
Assumption Parish Police Jury, 11:20a ET: It has now been reported to Assumption Parish officials that a second home located on Sauce Piquante Lane has had the presence of gas found under the slab of the home.
WAFB, 12:13p ET: Gas found under slab of home near sinkhole [...] Contractors reported finding the presence of gas under a home near the massive sinkhole in southeast Louisiana. According to the Assumption Parish Police Jury Blog, Texas Brine verified the gas is located under the slab of both the home and the shed. The home is on Sauce Piquante Lane in Bayou Corne. Officials said monitoring will continue to check for gas at the site. [...]
Published: April 3rd, 2013 at 12:26 pm ET
- Officials: Gas being found under homes near giant Louisiana sinkhole — 100% of lower explosive limit — Hydrogen sulfide also detected June 14, 2013
- Emergency officials now urging residents near giant sinkhole to check homes for sinking, holes, cracks; Immediately report changes August 26, 2012
- Watch: Officials call in Louisiana State Police to giant sinkhole — Company kept dangerous gas a secret for 24 hours — People smelled hydrogen sulfide at their homes thinking it was rotten eggs (VIDEO) November 22, 2012
- New development at giant Louisiana sinkhole — Another salt cavern now causing concern for officials March 8, 2013
- Officials: Giant Louisiana sinkhole now 1,000 feet across — New flyover footage released (VIDEO) June 19, 2013