Follow up to: Fukushima Doctor: We need outside help, Japanese people not listening -- We are now in very bad condition, especially for children -- Please help (VIDEO)
One of the more popular Japanese blogs covering the Fukushima catastrophe, Portirland, today ran this report (Emphasis Added):
Headline: Abnormality of the thyroid gland was found from the child of 4 family in 5 families which are evacuated to Aichi prefecture Nagoya city
Opening Paragraph: With 4 person in 5 people abnormality, you think in the thyroid gland that it is tremendous.
Headline: Abnormalities of the thyroid gland is found from the five children of four families in the family have taken refuge in Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture
Opening Paragraph: I think abnormal, and terrible to the thyroid gland in four out of five people.
Headline: Abnormalities of the thyroid is found from the 5 tribe 4 family in Nagoya, Aichi are fleeing child
Opening Paragraph: I think in 4 out of 5 amazing and abnormal thyroid.
The article also notes that Cesium, not only iodine, concentrates in the thyroid (Source):
Though it’s near midnight, our Japanese-speaking readers are encouraged to translate/summarize the report and I will post as an update.
Published: May 18th, 2012 at 9:43 am ET
- Report: Now over 44% of Fukushima children have thyroid abnormalities in latest tests February 14, 2013
- Magazine Scandal: Serious abnormalities found in evacuees; Sapporo doctor shocked by quick onset of suspected thyroid cancers — Such rapid growth was impossible in children before 3/11, says report February 24, 2012
- Mainichi publishes report on thyroid cancer: 30% in Fukushima now with tumors of 2cm or less, thyroid gland only 5cm by 3cm total — Claims cancer increases after 10 sievert radiation dose, so Japan ok (10,000 millisieverts) April 27, 2012
- Thyroid problems found in children from Fukushima — 60% from outside evacuation zone October 4, 2011
- Caldicott in Japan: “Incredibly rare” thyroid abnormalities found in 40% of Fukushima children — Indicates a really high dose of radiation, higher than at Chernobyl (VIDEO) November 20, 2012