Title: Fukushima Update January 17, 2013
Date: Jan 18, 2013
At 1:30 in
Conrad Miller, MD: The source of leakage is still not controlled. And the source release of leakage and the radiation is still not controlled.
In fact, according to Lucas [Enformable.com], the cores of the reactors are not being imaged. They’re not in the reactor vessel, they can’t find them in the containment. So they may be at the bottom of the containment, that’s one place they can’t really reach with the imaging, or they may be melted down further underneath the containment.
Published: January 18th, 2013 at 1:09 pm ET
- Document shows nuclear fuel burned through bottom of containment vessel under Fukushima reactor — Official: Leakage we observed indicates melt-through by ‘shell attack’ — “This is a very big problem… fuel debris in the PCV is doing something bad” (VIDEO) July 13, 2015
- AFP: Fears that molten fuel went into ground after melting through containment vessels at Fukushima — They still can’t find three reactor cores (AUDIO) January 23, 2014
- News reports discuss melted Fukushima fuel being underneath containment vessels March 6, 2013
- Scientist back from Japan: Melt-through of Fukushima containment vessels being discussed — They can’t locate any of the 3 molten reactor cores — “It’s bad, it’s definitely not over” November 25, 2013
- TV: Very likely some of Fukushima’s melted cores have moved into the earth — “It’s beyond containment right now” (VIDEO) August 10, 2013