Title: 8:50 a.m. Morning Briefing
Source: Assumption Parish Police Jury
Date: Aug 26, 2012
Drilling operations with Texas Brine continue. Another stage of casing has been installed and the concrete has been poured. It must set for a 24 hr. period.
OEP [Assumption Office of Emergency Preparedness] continues to urge residents, those that have evacuated and those that remain home, to check their homes for any changes such as cracks, ground holes, sinking, etc. Anything unusual or out of the ordinary should be reported to OEP immediately. All reports will be forwarded to DNR for proper investigation.
Published: August 26th, 2012 at 1:42 pm ET
- Officials report gas is detected underneath homes near giant Louisiana sinkhole April 3, 2013
- Officials: Wall around giant sinkhole must be ‘re-routed’ — Land is sinking outside boundary — “Ongoing surface subsidence” April 26, 2013
- Newspaper: “I think the whole dome is sinking,” says resident by giant sinkhole — “Entire area around community is sinking” (VIDEO) September 30, 2012
- Officials: Gas being found under homes near giant Louisiana sinkhole — 100% of lower explosive limit — Hydrogen sulfide also detected June 14, 2013
- Brockovich: Residents near giant sinkhole need to get out — Serious gas pressure — Potential for explosion — Homes and land now useless (VIDEO) March 10, 2013