Fresh leak fears as Japan rocked by ANOTHER earthquake, Sunday Mirror, April 17, 2011:
RADIATION levels around Japan’s stricken nuclear plant soared after another earthquake jolted the country yesterday.
Engineers fear the 5.9 quake may have caused fresh leaks at Fukushima Dai-ichi…
Levels of radioactivity rose sharply in seawater near the plant. It happened shortly after the Tokyo Electric Power Company had beefed up safety systems. …
A government adviser said yesterday: “We are far from the end. There will be mountains to climb.”
Read the report here.
Published: April 17th, 2011 at 2:26 pm ET
- Extreme spike in I-131, Cs-137 levels 100 miles from Fukushima after radiation skyrocketed off the chart at No. 1 reactor following recent quake (CHARTS) April 13, 2011
- AP: Sharp rise in radioactivity levels signal possibility of new leaks April 16, 2011
- Residents fear radiation levels higher than reported; Questions about how gov’t is doing measurements — “Anger is barely suppressed” June 1, 2011
- Radiation at 400 times normal levels 60+ MILES from Fukushima… nearby ANOTHER nuclear plant March 13, 2011
- Academics warn that TEPCO has failed to disclose scale of radiation leaks — Gov’t to release details at “appropriate time” May 27, 2011