Lots of symptoms with Fukushima kids -nose bleeding, diarrhrea, fever, purple spots, thyroid anormaly, sudden death. Death rate 1.5 times!
— Mari Takenouchi (@mariscontact) December 4, 2012
“The accident was of such an extent, but the government kept saying it was safe,” [Mari Takenouchi, 44] said. “I could no longer believe in the government.” Immediately following the crisis, she evacuated along with her son, who would soon turn 2. Both of them had suffered from health problems, with frequent fevers, she said.
Watch: Foreign doctors on Fukushima trip "very surprised" at condition of patients: "Symptoms are always the same" -- Pains at rear of ears, stomatitis, skin disease... more (VIDEO)
Published: December 4th, 2012 at 3:43 pm ET
- Tokyo Mother: “Total media blackout” in Japan, lots of people developing symptoms related to Fukushima disaster (VIDEO) — “Many cases of sickness and death among young generations” not reported October 29, 2013
- SMH: Too late to flee Fukushima fallout? Refugees discuss bizarre rashes — Doctor talks of purple spots, concerned about Tokyo radiation December 6, 2011
- Fukushima Mother’s Plea to U.N.: Children and adults are suffering tremendously — Sharp increase in bloody urine, bone pain, more — Doctor says many have similar symptoms with unknown causes — Family’s health deteriorated all at once, recovered soon after moving September 27, 2013
- 43% of kids have thyroid abnormalities in new Fukushima City test results (CHART) September 11, 2012
- BBC Interview: “News about Fukushima… keeps getting worse” — Japan Professor: “Rash of disease” in Fukushima children, rate of cancer in thyroid up to “dozens of times higher than usual” — Expert: Forcible radiation exposure by gov’t (AUDIO) January 1, 2014