Fukushima Evacuee Gavin Allwright, Public Meeting at the UK’s House of Commons, Mar. 10, 2014 (at 6:15 in):
Gavin Allwright, resident of Miyagi Prefecture: There is a black dust that is absolutely everywhere in Miyagi [prefecture north of Fukushima]. It wasn’t even analyzed for quite a long time. It has now been analyzed to be very highly radioactive. Those tiny, tiny particles — these paper masks don’t stop them. The kids put their fingers in their mouths. One of those particles is enough to cause irreparable damage. I’ve certainly had a very large dose of radioactivity because I was active in the clear up.
The bodies that had been picked up that died in the tsunami, they weren’t even allowed to bury them properly or cremate them properly because they were toxic waste. People were pulling down their garden walls or throwing things away, being arrested for moving toxic waste out of the area. However we were being told it was safe. […]
The children weren’t evacuated, and I did actually challenge some of the local officials about this and they said, “We can’t evacuate the children, because if we do as a government, we have to certify it’s safe for them to come back and we can’t, so we won’t move them.” I don’t even need to comment on that. It’s an ongoing crisis.
Published: March 22nd, 2014 at 2:27 pm ET
- Nuclear Expert in Japan: Plutonium “is everywhere… it is everywhere” after Fukushima reactors exploded — It’s being redeposited in “unanticipated” locations — “Black radioactive dust just wherever you go” — “It’s running right into Pacific Ocean” (VIDEO) February 19, 2016
- Tepco “deeply apologizes for mistake” — Admits ‘sprayed’ Fukushima workers actually exposed to 5 times ‘safe’ radiation limit — Radioactive dust to blame, not water spray? (VIDEO) August 12, 2013
- Japan TV: ‘Endless fight’ against radiation — Levels in home at 7,500% gov’t limit — ‘Shocking’ 62,700 Bq/kg of cesium in mushrooms… “They just stared at the numbers” — Retired Official: “This will taste great fried…When decontamination finished it will be safe for people to return” (VIDEO) May 5, 2014
- NHK admits “the crisis at Fukushima Daiichi is still ongoing” (VIDEO) July 17, 2012
- Nuclear Expert: Fukushima fuel suspected to be in ground… “it’s going to melt right down into the ground” when heat isn’t removed, that’s why these are so dangerous — Physician: “3 of Fukushima’s reactors melted through containment… the crisis is clearly ongoing” (VIDEO) August 18, 2014