#Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2: Temperature Gauges Go Haywire, EX-SKF, Nov. 29, 2011:
Some of the temperature gauges for the Reactor 2 Suppression Chamber and the Containment Vessel seem to be malfunctioning.
In each case, only one gauge out of several seems to be affected. Cause unknown, according to TEPCO. Countermeasures: closer monitoring of gauges. [...]
Some terminal feeling at Fuku-I, where all they could do is to monitor the gauges.
Gas temperature of Suppression Chamber of Unit 2
・11/26 17:00, read 52.7℃, but at 11:00 pm on the day we confirmed that it read “Overscaled” (digital recorder).
・11/27 5:00, it read 102.6℃. Though the readings were not stable, as there were no significant changes or variations in the temperatures of the same types of 2 thermometers and the pool water in Suppression Chamber, we have been investigating the causes for this event [...]
Temperature inside the Primary Containment Vessel (Drywell) of Unit 2 (base line temperature of the air conditioning unit, local cooling equipment)
・11/27 5:00, read 78.2℃
・11/27 6:50, it was confirmed that it read approximately 84 , increasing in a staircase pattern. [...]
Later we inspected the instrument but got no data indicating malfunction, and the readings after the inspection are not different from those before [...]
Published: November 28th, 2011 at 8:35 pm ET
- Again? Temperature up 20°C at Reactor No. 2 RPV in last 3 days — Other gauges at also rising (CHART) February 24, 2012
- Report: TEPCO reveals Reactor No. 2 temperature has gone “over scale” — “Unusual atmosphere” at press conference — Japan journalists suspicious something crucial is being hidden (VIDEO) November 28, 2011
- TEPCO: Reactor No. 2 and 3 water level gauges “not very trustworthy” — Likely malfunctioning as No. 1 did May 13, 2011
- Over 100°C? New Tepco data shows temperature spiked at two gauges in Reactor No. 2 — Similar rise patterns for both charts April 3, 2012
- Japanese Independent Journalist: Reactor No. 2 temperature actually showing over 85°C, and a lot of smoke is coming up February 7, 2012