Title: Public Briefing 2/6/13 – Part 9
Source: Assumption Parish Police Jury
Date Published: Feb. 7, 2013
Will Pettitt, general manger of Itasca, a worldwide firm specializing in rock mechanics:
This is our initial estimate of the maximum extent of that disturbed zone.
At the moment we’re putting in all our effort to try and understand the exact structure of this. […]
As you can see, it flows out from the cavern 3 and up to the surface around the sinkhole.
And what I think we’re seeing now is we’re actually starting to see fractures occurring in this disturbed zone at the surface.
Published: February 12th, 2013 at 1:55 pm ET
- Louisiana Sinkhole Briefing: Essentially, the earth is fractured from the salt cavern all the way to surface — Crude oil coming up through fracture zone (VIDEO) October 26, 2012
- Officials: ‘Burp event’ underway at giant Louisiana sinkhole — “Lots of activity” — “Abundant surface water movement” (VIDEO) July 19, 2013
- Watch: “Sinkhole tidal flow” — Water movement observed on surface of giant Louisiana sinkhole (VIDEO) April 12, 2013
- Officials report ‘burp’ at giant Louisiana sinkhole — Oil on surface — “Large gas outburst” March 17, 2013
- Experts: Events quickening at giant Louisiana sinkhole — Underground shifts now getting closer to surface (VIDEO) March 29, 2013