Title: Radioactive Water Leaks: New Threat at Fukushima Daiichi
Upload by: MissingSky101
Date: April 26, 2013
At 3:00 in
NHK: The leaked water contains more than 100 million becquerels per liter of strontium and other radioactive matters, enough to cause burns if in contact with it for long enough.
At 5:00 in
Tepco: The design was meant to prevent leakage completely. We believed the facility would never cause any leaks.
At 7:15 in
Expert: This sheet made of bentonite is 6.4 mm thick, that’s the same Tepco used outside the reservoirs. The tests show a water leak occurring on the 8th day.
At 12:00 in
NHK anchor: As we saw in the report, the polyethylene sheet was thought to be leak proof but it wasn’t. The bentonite sheet was only 6 mm thick so it leaked after only 8 days […]
NHK reporter: In a nutshell it was over confidence.
Published: April 26th, 2013 at 2:15 pm ET
- Anonymous Official: Tank at Fukushima may have leaked tons of highly radioactive liquid every day for a month… “We didn’t detect it for as long as 30 days” — Spokesman: Leakage is continuing… Other tanks may be affected August 20, 2013
- Japan Expert: New radioactive leaks from Fukushima Reactor No. 2 may be underway; Concern about ‘vertical streams’ — Tepco: Impossible to completely prevent it from spreading (VIDEO) July 10, 2013
- TV: Nuclear expert says Fukushima “is already beyond Tepco’s control” — Gov’t concerned leakage to rapidly accelerate (VIDEO) August 6, 2013
- TV: Gov’t approves plan to ‘drain’ Fukushima nuclear waste into ocean — Professor: Monitoring necessary to detect ‘worrisome signals’ — Expert: “It’s completely unsafe… impossible to remove 100s of radioactive materials” — 1,200 radionuclides, only 62 reduced — Fisherman: “We can’t trust Tepco” (VIDEO) January 21, 2015
- Gov’t: ‘Very serious problem’ at Fukushima; Safety system ‘failed’ — Expert: 12 Trillion Bq of Strontium-90 leaked, could exceed 1/8 of total release since 3/11 — CNN: It’s absorbing into ground — Tepco: “You may feel we didn’t do enough” (VIDEO) February 24, 2014