Title: Public Briefing 5/1/13 – Part 5
Source: Assumption Parish
Date: May 1, 2013
At 11:30 in
Gary Hecox, CB&I hydrogeologist: The seismic array has now been updated.
The initial seismic data, what we’re finding — the locations of all the micro-earthquakes have been recorded — as you can expect, most of the micro-earthquakes have been located around the Oxy 3 cavern and in the salt.
We do have some minor earthquakes out away from that in the vicinity of the other caverns.
Published: May 2nd, 2013 at 4:54 pm ET
- State Expert: We’re now looking at the stability of 7 salt caverns by giant sinkhole — We used to be mainly worried about just one — “A lot of things going on” (VIDEO) February 10, 2013
- Top Expert: Fears Napoleonville salt dome to continue to break up below giant sinkhole; “An underground Mt. Everest” — Over 50 caverns inside, some with explosive gas December 15, 2012
- Expert: “We’re actually starting to see fractures occurring in this disturbed zone at the surface” around giant Louisiana sinkhole (VIDEO) February 12, 2013
- Officials: ‘Spasmodic burst’ near giant sinkhole — Around 100 micro quakes reported overnight March 13, 2013
- New development at giant Louisiana sinkhole — Another salt cavern now causing concern for officials March 8, 2013