Title: Texas Brine Updates Bayou Corne Residents 01/30/2013 Part 4
Date: Jan. 30, 2013
At 13:30 in
Geophysical Consultant Kevin Hill: Our objectives are to image the sinkhole.
How big is it really than what we measured just on the surface and with sonar?
How big is it affecting underneath the ground?
What has it interrupted below the ground that we can’t see yet?
We want to see the interface of the salt and the sediments, those were those black and white layers, because that tells us where the salt face is.
If that salt dome is moving, we have the before picture, and we have the after picture. So we’ll know what’s happening.
Published: January 31st, 2013 at 12:41 pm ET
- Gov’t Expert: Giant sinkhole now covers 12 acres, continues to expand — Growing parallel to edge of salt dome (VIDEO) March 19, 2013
- Top Expert: Fears Napoleonville salt dome to continue to break up below giant sinkhole; “An underground Mt. Everest” — Over 50 caverns inside, some with explosive gas December 15, 2012
- Officials: Sinkhole could grow to 1,400 feet across — “Unusual” it’s on edge of giant salt dome, normally right on top August 16, 2012
- Problem at ANOTHER cavern in salt dome near giant Louisiana sinkhole — “Automatic emergency systems” engaged — No ‘immediate’ safety risk to public July 18, 2013
- Professor on Sinkhole: Salt dome can flow out like toothpaste when under pressure (VIDEO) November 20, 2012