See the presentation here
Title: CHILLING TESTIMONY: DESIGN FLAWS AT CALIFORNIA NUCLEAR PLANT PUT MILLIONS IN DANGER
Source: The Reno Dispatch
Date: January 17, 2013
The operator of the San Onofre nuclear power plant in Southern California made critical errors in the design of the plant’s replacement steam generators and, as a result, the public was put in great danger last year, according to expert testimony Wednesday by an internationally renowned nuclear engineer at a Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) hearing.
The chilling testimony, which was presented to the NRC Petitions Review Board, was accompanied by evidence showing that plant operator Southern California Edison should have been required to go through a license amendment process before installing the new steam generators in 2009 and 2010.
The nuclear expert, Arnie Gundersen, a consultant to Friends of the Earth, explained to the NRC that the design changes proposed by Edison created a dangerously high level of steam at the top of all four replacement steam generators. [...]
Title: Nuclear Safety Groups Petition NRC
Author: Alison St John
Date: January 17, 2013
[...] In a question and answer session at the end of the hearing, Daniel Hirsch of the nuclear safety group, Committee to Bridge the Gap, told the NRC the hearings are Kafkaesque, because Edison won’t release some very pertinent documents.
“You are placing the burden on Friends of the Earth to tell you what’s wrong with a document you will not permit them so see,” he said. “So I’m asking you for the rationale behind a public agency keeping those documents secret from the public, and then demanding that the public critique something they do not have access to.” [...]
Published: January 18th, 2013 at 6:23 pm ET
- Death Blow? “Complete rejection” of plan to restart ailing California nuclear reactor without public hearing — Plant corroding as it sits idle May 14, 2013
- Fairewinds Special Edition: They covered up the truth at San Onofre nuke plant — Knowingly put public safety in Southern California at risk (AUDIO) February 8, 2013
- BBC: Scientist surprised at how much higher radiation levels are in some parts of ocean from Fukushima, it’s a ‘mystery’ — KPBS: Fukushima radiation is just going to become ‘a way of life’ for us” — California Professor: It’s certainly going to be in the environment, it just doesn’t go away (AUDIO) February 10, 2014
- Expert: Report shows California nuclear plant “will progressively destroy itself” — AP: Could breakdown at full power (VIDEO) March 19, 2013
- Gundersen: Breaking news… Officials say U.S. nuclear plant operator “was going to do an experiment on the people of Southern California” — “That’s their words; they said it was an experiment” (AUDIO) May 16, 2013