Three Mile Island expert: Fukushima could kill 200,000, Global Post, April 15, 2011 at 1:57 pm EDT:
Interview with Arnold Gundersen; 39-year veteran of the nuclear
industry, has worked as a nuclear plant operator and served as an
expert witness on the Three Mile Island accident
Is this accident as bad as Chernobyl?
It’s worse than Chernobyl. …
So if it’s worse than Chernobyl, is this the worst industrial accident ever?
I think this and the Bhopal accident in India [where hundreds of thousands of people were exposed to the toxic gas methyl isocyanate, killing thousands] are going to be neck and neck for that category. So it’s worse than Chernobyl…
I absolutely disagree with the scientists who say that Fukushima’s not going to hurt anyone. The numbers I’ve seen, from reputable scientists, are that Fukushima is going to kill 200,000 from increased cancers over the next 50 years. …
Read the report here.
Published: April 15th, 2011 at 4:15 pm ET
- Independent: Why Fukushima is worse than Chernobyl; “Now the truth is coming out” — 72,000 times worse than Hiroshima & 1 million+ cancer deaths, says professor August 29, 2011
- Experts: Possibility of evacuating parts of Tokyo can no longer be ignored — Fukushima ‘worse’ than Chernobyl (VIDEO) September 18, 2011
- Experts: Contamination from Fukushima worse than Chernobyl — Many people say 2051 goal “unrealistic” given scale of catastrophe… “Will I be alive when it’s completed?” December 21, 2011
- Nuclear Expert: Fukushima 10 times worse than Chernobyl March 12, 2012
- Nuclear expert: Fukushima “has turned even worse than it was in Chernobyl” — “Appears to have fit into the worst predicted scenario” May 26, 2011