Title: Steve West and Dan DeWalt: Arnie and Maggie Gundersen talk Vermont Yankee, Fukushima, and the nuclear industry
Date: March 9, 2012
Transcript Excerpt at 0:25 in
Maggie Gundersen, Fairewinds Associates:
I’d like to share with your listeners why I’m not coming [to local event]…
I had a car accident on Route 7.
A guy was traveling at 25 to 30 miles an hour and drove right into the back of my car and created a four car accident.
I was stopped. I was stopped at a stop light.
And he didn’t stop.
So I took a hell of a jolt.
Initially I thought I was ok, and I went through the first week and then I started getting all the concussion symptoms and I’ve seen two doctors who have diagnosed concussions. …
Arnie just came back from Japan, he took a book tour. I could not go because of some of my issues…
Best wishes to the Gundersens. To make a financial contribution to Fairewinds, visit: http://fairewinds.com/donation
Listen to the full broadcast here
Published: March 20th, 2012 at 7:47 am ET
- Gundersen: We’re getting reports from Japan of deformed children, troubled pregnancies after Fukushima (AUDIO) February 25, 2013
- Gundersen: Cracks found in reactor at NJ’s Oyster Creek nuclear plant (AUDIO) November 12, 2012
- “Big Problem”: Cracked floors in Fukushima reactors leaking into groundwater that’s rising and rising and rising due to Tepco wall — “Can no longer be stopped from getting in ocean” — “Worse than that… buildings now on mushy land” (AUDIO) August 28, 2013
- Gundersen: “We know scientific journals have stopped publication of some of the data” about contamination from Fukushima disaster — A lot of resistance to releasing this information (VIDEO) September 24, 2012
- Gundersen: California reactor likely shut down forever — At least four other US nuke plants in trouble (AUDIO) November 22, 2012