Title: Sen. Boxer Believes that San Onofre Knew About Problems Years Earlier
Source: Fairewinds Energy Education
Date: Feb. 8, 2013
Sen. Boxer Believes that San Onofre Knew About Problems Years Earlier
In this special edition, Fairewinds analyzes a letter from Senator Boxer and Representative Markey that indicates that the problems at San Onofre were known to its owner, Southern California Edison, years before the steam generators were installed and rapidly failed [...]
At 5:45 in
Maggie Gundersen, Founder of Fairewinds Energy Education: It shows that Edison covered up the truth. They knew this, they were asked about it. Fairewinds issued a report in March of 2012 that talked about the fact that Edison made design changes and purposefully left that information out from any of its NRC filings because it didn’t want to face a license amendment process. And according to the quotes extracted from the MHI [Mitsubishi Heavy Industries] report that Senator Boxer and Congressman Markey have — that is verified — it’s verified in there and it says they purposely took this action because they didn’t want a full license amendment review. I don’t know, does that constitute lying under oath? To me it does.
Kevin Hurley, Fairewinds’ Media Developer: Of course, you could say now since they did avoid that process and they did have that accident, they knowingly put the public safety in Southern California at risk?
Gundersen: Yes, there are 8 and a half million people right in that vicinity of the nuclear plant, inadequate evacuation plans and the rate payers have paid more than 770 million dollars for this debacle of these broken, faulty-designed replacement steam generators.
Published: February 8th, 2013 at 10:42 am ET
- Fairewinds: *Breaking News* Secret bombshell report released — Confirms Edison knew of major problems at San Onofre nuclear plant March 8, 2013
- AP: U.S. Senator wants probe after reading confidential report on sickly California nuke plant — Shows they knew about San Onofre problems beforehand February 6, 2013
- Fairewinds: ***BREAKING NEWS!*** Federal investigation into San Onofre nuclear plant announced February 8, 2013
- Special Edition: Exactly what happened at Fukushima is going on at NJ nuclear plant, except now reactor is in refueling -Gundersen (AUDIO) October 31, 2012
- U.S. senator reveals “truly shocking” information about California nuclear plant — “Restart of San Onofre reactors is now off the table” May 28, 2013