Published: February 2nd, 2014 at 7:48 pm ET

Peter Coyote, Wikipedia: American actor, author, director, screenwriter and narrator of films, theatre, television and audio books. His voice work includes narrating the opening ceremony of the 2002 Winter Olympics and Apple’s iPad campaign. He has also served as on-camera co-host of the 2000 Oscar telecasts [and won an] Emmy for narration in 1992 [...] ["Coyote is most famous for his 50-plus movie roles, including E.T.'s sympathetic scientist" -Source]

Peter Coyote question to nuclear energy advocate Stewart Brand (h/t Gar Smith): What I find disturbing and sort of a little sociopathic about your perspective is the absence of doubt. […] You are willing to risk the entire commons by introducing a biocide that’s fatal to everything with replicating cells. That stays deadly longer than all human history […] the half-life of plutonium is over 100,000 years, and I can only see the reason is to support this culture. So my question to you is, in the light of such risk, which will be enduring forever […] why are you not willing to entertain all the prior precautionary steps […] rather than continuing the model of centralized power, centralized sale, and keeping us consumers, at the risk of the entire biosphere? (audience applause)

Peter Coyote at the Commonwealth Club of California, May 2013: Actor Peter Coyote imagines that the scientists behind the Manhattan Project didn’t anticipate the global disasters of nuclear energy like Fukushima’s radioactive spill.

Peter Coyote: After Hiroshima and Nagasaki, if Oppenheimer and the scientists said, ‘There’s no reason that this substance named after the devil, should be promulgated in our culture. We can’t control it. We’re asking ourselves to be perfect, in a universe where people say ‘oops’ every day.’  […] had they said that, we would not have tons and tons of nuclear fuel leaking into the rivers in Hanford Washington, leaking into the Tennessee Valley Authority — all over the world piling up, dumping into the ocean in Japan. […] Had they just asked themselves, we’re creating a permanently toxic poison that’s antithetical to anything with replicating cells, are we sophisticated enough, capable enough to leash this on the universe.’ I think wisdom might have had second thoughts, and said, ‘I don’t think we are.’

Watch the Commonwealth Club interview here
Watch the question to Stewart Brand here

Published: February 2nd, 2014 at 7:48 pm ET

1. ‘Absurd’: Intentionally dumping Fukushima nuclear material into ocean from land “is not considered dumping” — Allowed under international law? May 14, 2013
  2. Nuclear Advocate: “Within 5 years there will be no nuclear power in U.S. unless something is done” — Fuel pools will fill up without Yucca Mt., “There’s nowhere for old material to go” (VIDEO) September 13, 2012
  3. Massive mushroom-like cloud in Russia after ‘spontaneous missile explosion’ — Shockwave caught on film, felt 25 miles away — Entire town in plumes of black smoke — “No nuclear arms involved” – No risk to public, public evacuated (VIDEOS) October 9, 2012
  4. Nuclear Expert: Biggest concern at Fukushima is the huge source of radioactivity from molten fuel and spent fuel pools winding up in ocean — “The health of the entire Northern Pacific is at stake” (AUDIO) September 7, 2013
  5. Nuclear Professors: Every engineer is really scared about fuel removal at Unit 4 — I advised gov’t to be ready to use explosives to collapse pool after 3/11 (VIDEOS) November 26, 2013

214 comments to Famous Actor: Fukushima is dumping nuclear fuel into Pacific — Plutonium “named after devil” — View of nuclear advocate “a little sociopathic” — Entire biosphere at risk from these poisons fatal to everything with replicating cells (VIDEOS)

• "[...] sort of a little sociopathic [...]"
    Indeed.

• TheBigPicture TheBigPicture

NUCLEAR CAN'T BE CONTROLLED . . .

As proven by Fukushima, Chernobyl, and several other meltdowns.

And all for nothing, as reactors aren't needed.

Totally not needed.

• Ontological Ontological

They mentioned the P word, sure was plenty to go around in the R 3 detonation. These ELEments were deposited world wide to some degree.

One Plutonium plant did this, there are hundreds of NPP's world wide. Were gonna run thousands of these fuel pools world wide for 50 to 60 more years of HUGE power glutting cooling costs, while they expect to extract MORE Plutonium, without cleaning up the global mess already left behind so far from 70 years of this lunacy, right. Efficient clean power? Right. Check.

• James Tekton James Tekton

It all makes sense.

More bankster puppetology to cause this.

We have been played maybe, but where else can there be the freedom to gather all related info at, and to vent the feelings and experiences about the fuckushima event? It has to be somewhere. Why not Enenews?

• unincredulous unincredulous

Are you saying there is no evidence of an earthquake on 311?

We have all seen the many many videos. Liquifaction, streets ripped up, Japan moved 8 inches, earth moved off it's axis, buildings shaken, etc etc etc.

I think 911 was an "inside" job, (WTC building 6and 7, and just look at the gang in the white house) but I can't buy this one.

• flatsville

It turned to BS right here-

>>>Contrary to what many out there are saying, Fukushima Diiachi was an extremely well run nuclear facility with everything in top notch condition.<<<

It was anything but well run and had a troubled history.

It was a disaster waiting to happen based on where it was sited for starters.

• flatsville

Stone claims it was "extremely well run" and in "top notch condition" which begs the question if he isn't a nuclear shill in "truth-teller" clothing.

• weegokiburi weegokiburi

Top notch condition? Beyond nonsense. 1979 dieing engineer who built it wrote an exposé.
          The translation is solid. My wife is Japanese.
          I've posted this link before but I will continue to reference it for those who missed it. Its a long painful read
          Extremely well run?
          Over 200 documented admitted incidences of falsified record keeping prior to the disaster doesn't sounding well run to me?

How many more unadmitted?

• flatsville

Agreed. Thanks for posting those links. That's what I recall reading.

It was a disaster waiting to happen since inception including reactor design and plant siting…not to mention later operation.

I'm sure the next NPP accident on US soil will be follwed by all manner of wing-nut explanations…when the simple truth will be that poorly designed, poorly sited, poorly operated and maintained reactors go bad.

TMI was relatively new when it shot craps.

• Angela_R

"Watch the question to Peter Brand here" is a short, three+ minute clip. It addresses the 'condition of man,' who lives on a dot in the Universe.

While some once sought to be God,
    some now believe they are.

• The Great Tribulation atomicistheword

Pride (stolen esteem) is the downfall of Man. For what is the mark of a man? 666.

It was written by the Saints and prophets, one whom you would expect to live will die and one that you would expect to die will live. Atomic radiation does not discriminate. Like the man manufactured AIDS virus, it sees no gender or social status.

More actors and musicians will begin to testify before the Satan empire, YHWH has broken the feet of the dogs. Protect them and share in their curse!!!

99% vs 1% pretty good odds?

Ironically Mr Tesla had your answer to power generation, but Westinghouse and your government hid his knowledge from becoming a reality. After all we have to sell our copper wires and rape earth of all resources.

• Angela_R

hi atomicistheword,
        religious comments are considered off topic, however:

this website is about energy and the word energy to me is the same as the old word – 'spirit', i.e. if one is spirited, one is said to be full of energy.

The word 'devil' has been mentioned. The prime aim when splitting the atom was power and destruction. This process lead to the production of Plutonium, named after 'THAT – BAD ENERGY!'

• The Great Tribulation atomicistheword

Some religions require dissassociation from the universal energy they claim to believe in. These people have forgotten the universal power that drives our universe and our associations to that power.

Energy does not die it simply changes form. To what form that takes our race is currently unqualified to judge.

There are higher races, but even these beings they disbelieve in.

Religion serves to control and distort good living, what distinguishes us from animals. These beings are known as bestial beings, reversed in humane nature. One could say the devil is more in some religion than out.

Like those before us we must speak in parable so that they may understand.

Best wishes

• unincredulous unincredulous

Tesla's was a good idea. Free power. But the wireless transmission of power, the radiation would fry our I.Q.s I fear. Just a recent worry. I read reports that low levels of radiation hurt human I.Q.s

Then again, free power would be great, and it's not like we are not getting our share of wi fi radiation anyway. It's just that we are billed for it. Seems like our cars would be running on wireless energy. It would be pretty darn awesome. Looks like we are all going to be nuclear powered to death in the name of profit for the 1 percent. So, I say the heck with it, lets all do the Tesla.

• sayonara kitty sayonara kitty

bluetick, i have seen references to this story about the "no earthquake" theory… since then i have searched many times on youtube and other sites trying to find real proof of an 9 earthquake before the tsunami. ive never found any, when i view other verified 9 quakes the places are just leveled. the japanese tsunami footage shows buildings intact. what i find so distressing is that (and this is just my personal opinion), if it was caused by a "terroristic act", stuxnet or DEW, then i am left believing that due to the extreme blackout of information about fukushima, that the US and Israel are most likely to blame. and you know, honestly i kinda really do believe that anyway, but this sickening feeling comes over me when i really acknowledge it.
    so, if the situation is uncontrollable, then before i die, the one thing i want to see more than anything is for the true perpetrators of 9/11 and 3/11 be held accountable.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Finally some one that gets it and whom has the balls to ask/question why these Nuke Pukes and their created cult followers are all insane.. :)

• Socrates

Harvey Wasserman emailed a new article around about 50 reasons nuclear sucks.

• flatsville

Millstone and Diablo Canyon have recently had events. I think it will take another incident like TMI on US soil to get Americans' attention.

My understanding is that Fuku has not resulted in any significant increase in anti-nuke group membership aside from all the keyboard pounding 3 yrs. later.

If a plant on either coast or near Chicago has to get into real trouble and start spewing, well, so be it.

It's a matter of time.

• Capt. Nemo Capt. Nemo

Jim Stone's work seems impeccable. It is important to read in the last mentioned site above. If he is right, and why go to all this trouble to just create trouble for himself, then our analyses so far are rather off the mark. If Israel did do what he says, then Israel needs to be boycotted off the map. There needs in effect to be an end to Israel. Hopefully a peaceful end. But the world community can not tolerate a nation behaving like a criminal gang. Who will be next?

• We Not They Finally

A lot of countries need to be boycotted off the map over this. But it includes the U.S. We're just not sure what we are calling "the U.S." by now. Corporate cabals seem to be running the place, with many or most Americans clueless.

So that would not be a viable plan….

I've suggested in posts myself, that Japan be thrown into international receivership. But that's just because it is currently Ground Zero, and positioned to keep doing irrevocable harm. Also doing NOTHING to mitigate that lethal harm to the whole world.

At the same time, there seems to be NO international body without huge corruption, or having any intent to do the right thing.

Growing up, I knew the world had problems and needed citizens' vigilant eyes. I just never ever thought that we would wind up like THIS. God help us all.

• SykeWar(DELETED) SykeWar

I'd like to comment to the second video as the first seems to require payment. I'd like to point out in that video, that the same fundamental statement is made time and again, that the continued thrust towards greater and greater dependence on more and more centralized (monopolized) control with less and less stable forms of life support is purely antithetical to life in any qualitative sense. But you see, there is the crux of the matter before us all. If your life, my life, your children's lives, are worth little or nothing, then all of this makes perfect sense, doesn't it? These motherless bastards, these incubi, care not a bit for any one of you, not one iota! And soon, this will be true collectively… globally.

• Capt. Nemo Capt. Nemo

A number of persons have been making this point for a long time. Unless you have the right brain structure it seems like criminal behavior. The sort of thing that Buddha, Christ, Mohammed, etc. opposed in their day. Our problem is conscience.
      Those without conscience like some of our recent Presidents take all this destruction in stride.

• zogerke zogerke

@sykewar 2/2/14 10.22 pm: TY for posting this coyote question snippet video. resonates deeply with me, appreciate opportunity to watch & listen.

• Capt. Nemo Capt. Nemo

So those predatory powers that run the world are happy to have us sweating and worrying about the consequences of an earthquake which may not have happened that created a Tsunami that would not have done the damage with out help from Stuxnet and a little help from some devices planted by the Israeli security personnel that left just in time to miss all the fun.
    If true this scenario sounds more like the way the world operates. Never pass up a chance to destroy people. Did we paste Nazi on the wrong bunch after all?

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

It's probably more like that we are all Nazis and nobody told us.. :(

• Gasser Gasser

Me: God, can I ask You a question?

God: Sure fragile mortal Son.

Me: Promise You won't blow a Halo circuitry?

God: I promise, I got a heavy duty pissed off mortal fuze box.

Me: Why are you willing to risk the entire world by allowing a biocide that's fatal to everything with replicating cells, why did you allow sociopathic scientist invent bad Nuclear shit for it to evolve into an ELE ?

God: What do you mean?

Me: Well, now I wake up everyday with a metallic taste, and all my friends have died.

God: Yes.

Me: I'm sick as MOX hell, and my brain takes forever to start processing.

God: Okay go on?

Me: Today at lunch the lady had a nose bleed that made my sandwich, dripping blood on it, then she replaced the slice with one that mysteriously dropped on the floor.

God: So?

Me: On the way home, stuck in freeway traffic, I've heard no MSM news of the three Fukushima Corium's burning their way into Hell's magma waiting room.

God: And?

Me: And to top it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to check enenews Fuku up dates and try not to get pissed off. BUT my computer didn't work!!! in reality nothing went right for billon's of us today! Why do you let stupid shit like this happen?

[Cont]

• Gasser Gasser

[Cont]

God: Let me see, I have a huge shortage of honest Angel's, though my Son the rebel TEPCO death angel Pluto was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of my NRC Angels to battle him for your life, but that Angel got side tracked by a NFL super bowl game, sorry about you almost dying along that bad terrifying delirium you went through, but hey ma man your Alka-Seltzer worked somewhat.

Me (pissed off): OH Holy shit that was nasty.

God: Careful son, dirty words can pollute you.

GOD: My local Universe Angel didn't let your computer start because there was a socref bot on enenews that would have flushed you down their bad thought toilet, but, hey dude, humanity has pumped me up to big, I'm almost as powerless as you, but I did save a ghetto kitty from a PitBull once.

Me: I kind of figured that.

God: The person who made your sandwich today was Cesium sick & I didn't want you to get contaminated, that's why she quickly replaced the bloody bread slice with the one the health Angel purposely kicked on the floor to get her attention to quickly pick it up, allowing the three second germ rule for your benefit, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work so you could make your first Obama Care Cancer installment payment.

Me (embarrassed):Okay

God: Your iphone burned up because the person that was calling was Pro Nuke with a shill comeback sheet, sorry about that, my new homeless draftee Angel got antsy and pushed the wrong anti nuke button…

• Gasser Gasser

[Cont]

Me (softly): hummm I see God.

God: Oh and them Nuclear reactors, I had to let them bad boys freewill choice evolve, mortals won't stop having baby's and demanded more electricity from my errant Son's Pluto and Uranium the MOX brothers, they didn't want you to be in the dark and start fear praying to me, they want all the attention.

Me: I'm Sorry God, we don't want to over load you spiritual circuitry, I hope this doesn't happen on other planets?

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to ignore the bullshit I've been pumped up to be in all things, the good the bad & the ugly.

Me: Thanks God, I will trust no one from now on, period!

God: And my plan for you today is not as good as your mortal anti Nuclear plans for tomorrow.

Me: Ok cool, I always had that gut feeling, but let me just say this to you God, all your mortal sheepel's are eating Iodine/Cesium/Plutonium grass fed Cows and may soon Radioactively Cheese Burger die, overwhelming your Pearly Gates, pissed off from the slow agonizing death they had to go through…Got security?

[Cont]

• Gasser Gasser

[Cont]

God: Thanks for the warning my child. Its been just another day being your God and I Love looking at My Children down there eating Banana's and going Banana's trying to find a way out of this self chosen ELE…I myself could never find a way to harness them pesky Becquereling Plutonium Uranium MOX brother Son's of mine plus all my whore Isotopic Actinide Daughter's. I hope you mortals can find away to kick some sociopathic and psychopathic scientist anus's, good luck, your on your evolving mental wisdom commonsense own.

~Gasser Classic~

• SykeWar(DELETED) SykeWar

"Why are you willing to risk the entire world by allowing a biocide that's fatal to everything with replicating cells, why did you allow sociopathic scientist invent bad Nuclear shit for it to evolve into an ELE ?"

God: Hey, I didn't start this, you did. I sent you tons of messages, didn't you get them?

You: uhhh….. no… no… maybe, hang on I gotta finish this game.. (beep boop)..Damn! What were you saying? So ya, like I was saying, how come you didn't save me from taking a wrong turn and driving on to those railroad tracks?

God: (playing… well God I guess)…. hang on…. gotta finish this new galaxy…. done! So, ya I saw you following your GPS onto the tracks (thinks: moron). I was laughing my ass off. After all if you died, I'd bring you back as a lawyer or something. Ya death doesn't mean the same thing to me as it does you. But then you were always too selfish to consider that.

God: Do you honestly believe you'd do EVERYTHING say? Moses can't leave you alone in the desert a few weeks and not come back without finding you making idols, helping sheep over the fence, all manner of nasty stuff. And this was right after freeing you from the Egyptians for Christ's sake.

You: Who?

CONT'D NEXT

• SykeWar(DELETED) SykeWar

God: Nevermind. Listen, if I save you I gotta save them. And if I save them, I gotta save those others. Then before you know it, I'm saving everybody…. from themselves. You don't listen to your own parents. What chance to do I've got? Then I gotta back up everything with a magic trick to show I mean business. Then it'll be more and more and it'll never end. I may be God but I don't have the patience of a saint.

God: If it's any consolation, I feel for you, I really do. That's why I said I was sorry I created you. Not that it was a mistake, just that I was sorry. But always remember: I've given you all you need… each other. If you take care of each other, as you should, you won't need me. It's your choice.

You: ?

• SykeWar(DELETED) SykeWar

You: Who?

CONT'D NEXT

• Angela_R

Jan, "Gasser there is no god"

Jan, if I thought you really knew what you were talking about, I would ask:

have you any idea how arrogant that sounds?"

An unseen speck on a dot in the Universe declares "there is no God."

• jan

I think its just as arogant as claiming there is one .
          Universe is not god.

• Angela_R

"I think its just as arrogant as claiming there is one."

Well this speck did not know
            this speck was an agnostic.
            This speck found

But if you do not find, how can be sure that there is no God?

• jan

How can you be sure that there is one ?

• Homolumina Homolumina

Jan, thank you for bringing this up ! This is brilliant – you just demonstrate what the sickness is at the root of the problem of those who have through their decisions brought us globally to this point – and not because I am a feminist, I am not, but because it is the truth, those responsible for the global pollution, exploitation and destruction, bringing is close to extinction, are without exception males. And their sickness is exactly the disconnect you too – of course – demonstrate – the disconnect from one's inner self, which is a spark of the Divine. If you would have had a near death experience, which is a crucial piece of the process of male initiation, you would simply be connected to that part of who you are in your essence and you would for once not be able to make decisions that destroy life in any way, and you would not doubt the existence of God, since you would be realized IN God. The solution to our global misery is to initiate men again, as it was done in ancient times and beyond, and the information about this whole process is found in the body itself. Joseph Campbell had tracked this truth but never made the conclusion.

• jan

I am not sure if this kind of subject is allowed here . Maybe its better to move the subject to OT section .

• zogerke zogerke

at risk of OT bigtime (true dat): i do not believe in deity, jan, others, i EXPERIENCE deity daily. experience.

and i believe my experiences.

you are welcome to believe yours.

END.

• bo bo

Gasser Syke – hilarious :D

• dharmasyd dharmasyd

Yes, indeedy, Gasser. ELEs used to be acts of nature, of the cosmos, things like comets, meteors, CMEs, etc. But now, ELEs are man-made. Humans created these ELEs, ergo it is up to humans to stop human-made ELEs. It is possible, but the first step is to get EGO and vain concepts of individual self preservation out of the way.
    Buon Jiorno!

• Capt. Nemo Capt. Nemo

So are we dutiful anti-nuclear peasants being fed a mixture of truth and falsity to keep us busy and confused. You know people like Gundersen would know if there were funny business from day one. But they might be under threats of various sorts. 'So, Arnie, play along and nothing bad will happen. No foul winds will blow your way.'

And blokes like the UC Berkeley physicist would only need the word grant mentioned a few times to catch on. Smart guy. Differential equations fleeting through his mind all the time.

So what about the 9 earthquake? Russia would know. China would. Etc. would know. We would be in the dark though.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

tsfw, Excellent! I am pretty sure we have to realize that we do not need government anymore since it is not doing its job. Time to replace the old and bring in the new.. :)

We all have the right as humans and biological life to do and should be able to do the following..

#1 Eat dirt with out fear of pollution.
      #2 Breath air without the fear of pollution.
      #3 Drink water from any source, ground, air, rain, snow without fear of pollution.
      #4 Eat food grown anywhere on this planet without fear of pollution.

If the government is not working for life then it is working for death..pretty simple really! :(

• Crash2Parties Crash2Parties

Re: #'s 1,2,3 & 4….where's the profit in that?

• We Not They Finally

obewan, just try to remember that "government" is a very big place. And in America, "libertarian" usually just means LICENSE; plus we all need roads and hospitals and schools. Children alone need safety nets that only government provides.

The feds have handled (or rather, FAILED to handle) all this despicably. But that's been INSTITUTIONALIZED, also PRIVATIZED by the greedy. So just "doing away with government" may be as much a problem as a solution.

I don't have the answers. Nor do I think that "preventing panic" is any reason to not educate people, moreover to not care what happens or do anything for the public good. I just fear how easy it would be to descend into anarchy.

Possibly best for people to act LOCALLY.

• Homolumina Homolumina

All male dominated, patriarchial societies, run by non initiated males, are death oriented by their very nature. Initiating our males, especially those who claim power, is the solution at the very root of the problems we have today. I am saying this since 1994, since I found out. I have this all written down, as it is supposed to be published in "The Black Book for Men" by David Fabricius, but I do not know when it will be published. If anyone wants to know details I am happy to share. Please let me know. Male initiation is a necessity and it has a form, a sequence of events which is all laid out in the male body itself. I am NOT sharing any personal opinion here. This incident at Fukushima is the result of thousands of years of abuse of power and control by immature, territorial, goal oriented, aggressive, competitive, forming Cronyisms, death oriented, hierarchically structured, non initiated males. In order to have a change from the bottom up – in order for humanity to have a chance – men need to be initiated. And that is all I come back to, when I look at the WHY !

• The Great Tribulation atomicistheword

Gasser, Lol.

You know your supposed to have conversations with GOD in private. Didn't they teach you anything in sun worship day school. Come to think of it, all I was taught was if you play with it you'll go blind. I am vision impaired, but not by playing with it, but eating GMO food and trusting in my government to protect me.

I'm Australian and a self confessed…… Oh I don't think your allowed to say it here!

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

I can't see shit either! :)

• SykeWar(DELETED) SykeWar

The human toll is incalculable. So why bother?

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Sure it is..31,750,000 people in Japan are now the Nuclear Technology cancer death toll. :(

That's very calculable! :)

• We Not They Finally

That's tragically true. And the next generation WORSE off. That's how bio-magnification down generational lines works.

Just look at Chernobyl. 27 years already, and 80% of the children in the area are unhealthy. It IS "calculable."

• Add on the 10 million visitors per year…

Stupid is as stupid does…

would be like 10 million per year visiting Pripiat, and then taking a tour of the Chernobyl sarcophagus.

"Adventure Tourism" is what they call it..

Great propaganda campaign, seems to be working..

Tourism, up

Profit, up

Economy, up

Secrecy, up

Death rate, up

Species dying off, up

Cover up

• Capt. Nemo Capt. Nemo

So does anyone know why Max Keiser is supporting the Jim Stone research? Max is a smart man. He has lots of connections. He and Rense had a falling out over the Stone material. If Stone is right then we are being fed false information. This would certainly account for the secrecy in Japan. TEPCO would know the Mossad hand was in this. Stupid of Japan to put Israelis in charge of anything they valued.
    Then we are being deliberately led down a false path. Rendered harmless. Fools. While we watch the web cam the real game goes on elsewhere.

• clamshellernh clamshellernh

Fatal to all living cells
    Boy oh boy we are done
    How could they
    What were they thinking
    Or we're they
    I come back to the thought of other life forms like us on some far way star
    Maybe they did try to warn us
    Sorry I have been in this fight against nuclear for decades and I never ever thought this would really happen , not like this
    I'm sick with grief

• Crash2Parties Crash2Parties

I just have to correct the "Plutonium named after the Devil" bit.

" The second element following Uranium is named after the second planet after Uranus: Pluto, discovered in 1930 and named after Πλουτων [ploutōn], the Greek god of the underworld. About the naming, Glenn T. Seaborg said in 1996:

"In that first report [March 21, 1942], we decided to name the element Plutonium, just like Uranium is named after Uranus, Neptunium by McMillan and Abelson after Neptune, we decided to name it Plutonium. We should have named it plutium, but we liked Plutonium better. It just sounded better. And the symbol obviously should have been Pl, but we liked Pu better so we gave it the symbol Pu."

More details here: http://www.vanderkrogt.net/elements/element.php?sym=Pu

The minor planet, Pluto, btw was named after the Greek God by the same name. He and his two brothers Zeus and Poseidon, each had dominion over the underworld, land and sea, respectively. They also didn't have the same concept of "heaven" and "hell" or The Devil in Greek mythology; when you died, you simply went to the underworld, which was…under the ground. Not completely a negative, as the writings also recognize that minerals and other things necessary for life come from the underworld; the three realms were interconnected.

• Cooter cooterboy

My apologies for being off issue but I found an article that may be of some importance. It appears that Turner comm. has a document written by an insurance company that indemnifies them from any and all radiation claims. At the end of gold/silver… is a link to Turner's site.

I found this article very revealing but not exactly definitive as to it's authenticity. If true this is a game changer.

Peace,

• clamshellernh clamshellernh

I seen that this morning and looked at the PDF and it just did not seem right it was like the blogger wrote it himself seen no name of carrier . What was your take again

• Cooter cooterboy

clamshell,

I couldn't agree more with your take on this. The possibilities of why someone would write this could include, you work at Hanford, work in the nuclear industry an exhausting list.
        Also if we want the truth then I would like to see a photocopy of the original and what it was referring to. Not pixels on a paper, because when I read it, it was like looking at Swiss cheese.

I didn't believe it myself when I read it but thought it important enough to put it up for examination as I appreciate your take on it as well as others.

Peace,

• We Not They Finally

Yeah, a lot of people apparently also found that homes damaged in Hurricane Katrina were not covered for flood damage.

Once societal damages become huge, the stats no longer favor insurance companies. And they are there for themselves, not the public.

• Sol Man

What shall we love? Life or death? If there is more profit to be made in loving death; then death it is. Corporations require profit, not love and compassion for human beings, or a viable ecosystem. People and ecosystems are expendable, while profits are always required.

Now that the nuclear programs are running perfectly we must fill the aquifers with frack chemicals, pave the pristine swamps, and build more casinos; for we are great and that is our purpose. Don't worry about our progeny, for they will raise themselves.

I can't apologize for being in a dark space, as it is a dark place that we have made. I so wish it were different.

Very sad.

• Radio Radio

Anyone want to discuss the topic? It's a really great debate between Winona LaDuke and Steven Brand. A very clear outline of the thinking of the minds that must be understood and changed if we are to address nuclear pollution and all the rest of our many environmental challenges. It's from August 2011, but, nothing has changed much in the belief system between then and now. That will take us to fix that.

• I have 'no doubt' that the words or Mr. Coyote are some of the wisest words I've ever heard.

I sincerely wish millions could hear them and understand their importance.

What amazes me is that the video was posted in August of 2011 and has only been viewed, as of today, 1377 times.

re: Peter Coyote responds to Brand and LaDuke

One can feel the truth in the tone of the applause.

The expression on Brand's face at the very end is telling.
    (The word 'telling' could also be 'chilling' or 'priceless', I had a had time deciding which to use.) ;)

• PhilipUpNorth PhilipUpNorth

Answers to HoTaters: :)
    "PUN, where do you think the #2 corium is now?"
    The location of Corium2 may depend on two things:
    1. Whether fission pushed the temperature of the corium up to 5,000C, and continues today.
    2. Whether the corium spread out in a fan shape, or stayed together as a blob.
    If fission continues, and the core is still in a blob, it is long gone. Perhaps PattieB was right, when she said the core had made it to the subduction zone, has exited the Japanese Plate, and is now traveling westward with the Pacific Plate.
    If Corium2 has cooled and spread out, the slantwise drilling strategy suggested by SimplyInfo will find it about 100' below the reactor.
    My personal opinion is that corium will be found in the mudrock at a depth of about 100' below grade.

"What state do you think it is in?"
    As corium flows through the mudrock and groundwater below the FDNPP, a crust forms where corium meets groundwater. Nuclear crust would be left behind as the corium creates a corium lava tube. The walls of the corium lava tube consists of glass from solidified molten mudrock. Intermixed with glass is the nuclear crust debris. When the lump of corium is fully consumed (that is, turned into crust by contact with groundwater), then fission shuts down, and temperatures begin to fall. I believe the corium has exhausted itself, and stopped.

• flatsville

PUN, Thank for spitballing. I think that should the coria ever join up with magma (which is unlikely) the flow and eddys caused by convection in the magma layer could disperse it nearly anywhere through the magma layer.

(And the idea that it will be sucked down and then be ejected back out a nearby Japanese volcano, while poetic, is just bizzare.)

re: PattiB…aren't we all supposed to be dead now? Two suns or something?

Well anyway, the magma layer could be very shallow under Fuku as in Hawaii or deeper as in Iceland. Volcanic activity alone is no indicator of a shallow or a deep magma starting depth from what I have read.

Does anyone even know where the magama layer begins under Fuku?

My cursory search turned up nothing.

• PhilipUpNorth PhilipUpNorth

There are actually three plates subdrcting near Japan. (Look at the drawing on this link):
        The 3 plates on a map:
        Cross-section of subduction zone:
        https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XX91xQjTVaw/TXp19ckXmhI/AAAAAAAACbM/l-j-NW-cqRk/s1600/arc-trench_system.gif. (Hope this link works!)
        I have seen a drawing of the subduction zone at Fukushima with a depth scale. This isn't the drawing I'm thinking of, but will provide some idea of the depths involved.
        Does anybody have more accurate info on this question? Anne?

Anyway, Japan is a hell of a place to put nuclear plants!
        Cometo think of it, Earth is a hellof a place to put nuclear plants! ;)

• flatsville

Thanks. That's deep.

>>>I was thinking the depth of the subduction zone below the FDNPP was about 75km-100km.<<<

Anne\Vanne opined that the coria,if it reaches magma, will be ejected back out a nearby Japanese volcano because there is much volcanic activity in Japan. As highly poetic as it is unlikely given the dynamic nature of magma.

• PhilipUpNorth PhilipUpNorth

Flatsville: Magma in the top plate of the subduction zone is rock that has been heated to melting temperature by subduction pressure and friction. Lava melts it way upwards to the surface, to exit the crust through a volcano. At present, not knowing where the corium is located, I cannot see a mechanism for the lateral corium movement, necessary to put the corium in the path of upwelling lava under an existing Japanese volcano. But the Japanese have terrible luck, so this unlikely fate may yet befall them.

However, it is more likely that the corium will continue to sink into the surface of the Eurasian Plate, connected to the surface by a water-filled corium lava tube. This corium lava tube can be plugged with grout, and can be isolated from the aquifer by surrounding it with a underground Impermeable Wall, of the steel and concrete variety they started building on the sea side of Unit1, but never completed.

Tepco suspended construction of the Impermeable Wall, while they are testing underground frozen wall technology, proposed for an enclosure to stop groundwater from flowing under Units1-4. IMHO, a frozen wall won't work, for a variety of reasons. So after messing around with a frozen wall for another 3 or 4 years, TEPCO will probably simply resume working on the Impermeable Wall that is partially built.

Hint to TEPCO engineers:
            Construct the inland side of the Extended Impermeable Wall first, so as not to raise the level of groundwater. ;)

• flatsville

PUN,

>>>Hint to TEPCO engineers:
              Construct the inland side of the Extended Impermeable Wall first, so as not to raise the level of groundwater.<<<

They seem hell bent on swamping the site, no?

Constructing the first section of the wall on the inland side and diverting the water around the wall makes too much sense.

I am afraid their Impermeable Ice Wall will have the same fate as the Soviet attempt to place a refrigeration unit under the Chernobyl reactor.

At least the Soviets then had a space to pour a concrete pad when it became obvious the refrigeration unit was beyond their technology.

• PhilipUpNorth PhilipUpNorth

Another question from HoTaters:

"How far down and out?"
      We know that short half life isotopes are still being released, and that fission continues at FDNPP.
      Some or all of the ongoing fission is in Corium1-3 in the earth beneath the plant ruins.
      Nothing can resist the movement of a 5,000C corium.
      The action of a rogue nuclear reactor is to melt surrounding rock, with the heavier molten corium continuing to descend, leaving behind a corium lava tube of silidifying molten rock and nuclear crust debris.. This goes on until the amount of corium diminishes from the original 94 tonnes to 0 tonnes.
      A reasonable guess is that the remnants of Corium2 will be found at a depth of between 10km to 20km.

What action is possible or necessary?
      It is imperative that TEPCO stop contaminated groundwater from entering the Pacific Ocean.
      This can only be done by building an Underground Impermeable Wall entirely around Units1-4, to a depth below the aquifer (about 100').
      The first step is to drill into the inverted cone under the plant, in order to locate the corium lava tubes.
      Then, drill down the corium lava tubes to locate the missing corium.
      The corium doesn't need to be extracted from the sandstone.
      Rather, it must be located, frozen in place, and isolated forever from the surrounding rock and groundwater.
      That is to say, isolated forever from the Pacific Ocean.

This is the reason I'm always demanding to know:

Where is the damn missing corium, TEPCO? ;)

• clamshellernh clamshellernh

For the newcomer

F-iPadRemembering Fukushima nuclear disaster, Ed Asner urges an end to nuclear energy – YouTube
    Another actor stepping up to the plate .
    This was done in 2012
    It's pretty good

• ss.minnow

Can't believe the amount of vanity that's been vomited up by many above. If the intention is to create division"'ITS working"….. It really confirms my ultimate belief that no one can be trusted. With all the info and research here it's a shame that people remain people regardless of their intelligence.

• Nick

Why are famous actors the ones to wake us all up?

Why not the little folks? The ones with the most to lose?

I do not want a famous person telling me that my future is gone. I want an average Joe or Jill to have the honors. For in doing so, I can have some semblance of sanity that at least an average person gets how bad Fukushima is.

Connect the dots folks, we are ALL screwed.

• We got to get these radioactive toxins out fast! We risk damaging our entire planet the way this radiation is spreading and ending up in our drinking water, snow, rainfall and destroying sea life. Forget eating pacific seafood! http://thehealingfrequency.com/japan-reactor-fukushima-nuclear-radiation-protection/

• mungo mungo

More cancers to come, the W.H.O. are advising us to minimise radiation exposure, an extract here….

Cancer 'tidal wave' on horizon, warns WHO

The WHO's World Cancer Report 2014 said the major sources of preventable cancer included:

Smoking
      Infections
      Alcohol
      Obesity and inactivity
      Radiation, both from the sun and medical scans
      Air pollution and other environmental factors
      Delayed parenthood, having fewer children and not breastfeeding

• sayonara kitty sayonara kitty

not the one i viewed but it will give you an idea

• sayonara kitty sayonara kitty

ps i have a comment before this last one at 10:11 that is awaiting moderation? so the last one might not make sense.