Follow-up to: Blowout in Gulf of Mexico: Wellhead releasing 'unknown product' into water off Louisiana coast (MAP)
Title: Incident Report # 1029641
Source: NATIONAL RESPONSE CENTER
Date: Nov. 5, 2012
- Report taken at 07:39 on 05-NOV-12
- Affected Area: EAST BAY
- The incident was discovered on 05-NOV-12 at 05:32 local time.
- Affected Medium: WATER EAST BAY
- County: PLAQUEMINES
- State: LA
- Latitude: 29° 02′ 45″ N
- Longitude: 089° 17′ 04″ W
- EAST BAY, BETWEEN SOUTHWEST PASS AND SOUTH PASS
- CHRIS Code: UNK
- Official Material Name: UNKNOWN MATERIAL
- Qty Released: 0 UNKNOWN AMOUNT
- Qty in Water: 0 UNKNOWN AMOUNT
DESCRIPTION OF INCIDENT
- CALLER IS REPORTING A RELEASE OF AN UNKNOWN SUBSTANCE FROM A WELL HEAD DUE TO AN UNKNOWN CAUSE AT THIS TIME.
- Body of Water: EAST BAY
- Water Supply Contaminated: UNKNOWN
- CALLER STATES THEY ARE SENDING A HELICOPTER TO INVESTIGATE.
Published: November 6th, 2012 at 12:23 pm ET