WWL New Orleans, 1:20p ET:
Melanie Hebert: I spoke to the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) just a short time ago […]
They say there is still a possibility that oil could be leaking from the platform even though it is shut in. […]
But Eric, just because the platform wasn’t active doesn’t mean there wasn’t any pollution in the water.
BSEE says other sources of oil could be leaking from that platform. Of course they wont know more on that until they investigate further.
Published: November 16th, 2012 at 1:51 pm ET
- Dark substance covering water around oil platform that exploded in Gulf — Feds: “Sheen can be seen for miles” (VIDEO & PHOTO) November 17, 2012
- Coast Guard: Two workers missing from burning oil platform in Gulf — Four airlifted off November 13, 2012
- Offshore oil platform burning in Gulf of Mexico — Coast Guard says “something” has happened (PHOTO) November 16, 2012
- TV: Oil sheen could be seen on water near platform in Gulf — 2 workers reported dead, 2 more missing, 3 at hospital with critical injuries (VIDEO) November 16, 2012
- New drilling platform above BP’s Deepwater Horizon wellhead in Gulf — Many large oil slicks nearby (VIDEOS) December 5, 2012