Finnish forests are small amounts of radioactive cesium, which is derived from Fukushima nuclear power plant in the March accident. Radiation and Nuclear Safety of the cesium-134 and 137 have been found in lichens, fungi as well as elk and reindeer meat. Radioactivity not detected drinking water, milk and food for sale.
Radiation collected in late summer and autumn samples, which were found Fukushima cesium.
Radiation and Nuclear Safety, the accident caused by the increase in Fukushima Finnish radiation dose is negligible. Fukushima the accident increased the amount of artificial radioactivity in Finnish natural products of the highest per cent. [...]
h/t Anonymous tip
Read the report here
Published: January 17th, 2012 at 10:55 am ET
- Radioactive Iodine-131 detected by Sweden, Norway, Finland — “Most likely a reactor or a isotope-source at a hospital” February 1, 2012
- Fox News: Outrage after radioactive cesium found in lake near nuclear plant — Used for drinking water — Mayor: No one ever told me of abnormally high concentrations #Muehleberg #Switzerland July 14, 2013
- 6,000 Bq/kg of Cesium-137 found in mushrooms from Bulgaria — EU-wide food safety alert issued June 12, 2011
- Belgium finds Cesium-137 radiation above legal limits on container from Japan May 5, 2011
- Photo: Bomb squad called in after explosive device found near nuclear reactor March 3, 2013