Title: Fire Alarm Went off at the Third Floor Area of the Auxiliary Operation Shared Facility (Common Pool Building) at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station
Date: August 5, 2013
Fire Alarm Went off at the Third Floor Area of the Auxiliary Operation Shared Facility (Common Pool Building) at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station
At around 4:13 PM on August 5, 2013, we have received information that a fire alarm went off at the third floor area of the Auxiliary Operation Shared Facility (Common Pool Building) at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station. At 4:22 PM, the incident was reported to the fire department.
Later, we have confirmed that no smoke, etc. was found around the ceiling at the site using a web camera. Since no abnormality was found at the site as a result of investigation by a TEPCO employee at 4:48 PM, we have judged that the incident was malfunction of the fire alarm.
The incident has caused no impact on the plant conditions so far and the common pool cooling has been continued. No significant change in the monitoring post data has been found.
Published: August 5th, 2013 at 12:00 pm ET
- Worker reported smoke coming from Common Pool Building at Fukushima Daiichi January 25, 2013
- Gundersen: Up to 3 explosions hit Fukushima Unit 4 after 3/11 — Study: There was fire in its spent fuel pool — NPR: Big worry since fire weakened building’s structure (AUDIO) November 21, 2013
- Fukushima Daiichi Worker: I saw black smoke that came from Common Spent Fuel Pool’s chimney — I wonder if it was the smoke of boiler… it’s not fire (VIDEOS) January 7, 2013
- Tepco: Fire breaks out at Fukushima Daiichi — Happened while working on fire protection equipment March 21, 2012
- AFP: Fire breaks out at crippled Fukushima nuclear plant July 2, 2013