‘First Time’: Radioactive rice with more than double gov’t cesium limit found outside Fukushima Prefecture
Title: Above-Limit Cesium Found in Rice in Miyagi Pref.
Source: Jiji Press
Date: Jan. 10
The Miyagi prefectural government said Thursday that radioactive cesium exceeding a new state-set limit has been found in rice produced last year by a farm in the city of Kurihara [...]
The rice contained up to 240 becquerels of cesium per kilogram, against the 100-becquerel limit set by the central government, officials of the prefecture said.
It is the first time that radioactive cesium above the limit has been detected in rice grown outside Fukushima Prefecture [...] according to the officials. [...]
- Kyodo: Rice exceeds new cesium limit for first time — 60 km from Fukushima plant October 24, 2012
- WSJ: Latest food scare hits Japan — Rice over radiation limit found 60 km from meltdowns — Gov’t said previous tests were under November 17, 2011
- Highest Yet: 300 times over cesium limit in wild mushroom — Found far from Fukushima plant, 140 km away in Tochigi Prefecture August 7, 2012
- Radioactive beef over cesium limit from cow raised far outside Fukushima… As Fukushima beef shipments to US resume this week October 18, 2012
- Cesium in fish off Chiba coast exceeds radiation limit for first time — 200 kilometers from Fukushima plant — Due east of Tokyo February 18, 2013