Flames and black smoke near reactor No. 4 — TEPCO not sure if fire extinguished completely (PHOTO)
Fire seen at Fukushima nuclear plant; flames no longer visible, Reuters, April 11, 2011 at 11:48pm GMT:
… A worker saw fire at a building near the No.4 reactor at around 6:38 a.m. (21:38 GMT) and a fire fighting unit of the Self Defence Forces was sent to fight the blaze, a TEPCO spokesman said.
“Flames and smoke are no longer visible but we are awaiting further details regarding whether the fire has been extinguished completely,” he said. …
Read the report here.
- NYTimes on New 3/11 Footage: Flames sighted deep within Fukushima Unit 4 — Was second fire in 24 hours December 2, 2012
- “Unusual amount of smoke” billowing from Reactors No. 3 and 4 “nothing to be concerned about” says TEPCO, Japan gov’t May 11, 2011
- Report: “Evidence Of Fukushima Daiichi Reactor Fire” (PHOTOS & VIDEO) May 8, 2011
- New Tepco Report: Unit 4 had ‘major impulsive sound’ then damage to roof on March 14, 2011 — Fire seen hours later, then again next day June 20, 2012
- Fairewinds: U.S. tested if spent fuel bundle could burn in air just 2 weeks before 3/11 — Footage of fire during simulation (PHOTO & VIDEO) August 20, 2012