>>> Updated Here: Video: Roads next to New Jersey nuclear plant flooded this morning by 10:30a ET -- Just ~10,000 feet from Oyster Creek <<<
Ship Bottom, NJ (~12 miles from Oyster Creek) by Alex Dodi
2:05 p.m. Bayshore Drive in Barnegat closed
Bayshore Drive in Barnegat is closed because of flooding.
Bayshore Drive is just a few miles from Oyster Creek (red marker with black square in middle)
2:35 p.m. Breaches in Ocean County dune lines
Ocean County Administrator Carl W. Block reported breaches in the dune line on Long Beach Island and in Ortley Beach. [...] Block said there are reports of water up to the roofs of cars on Long Beach Boulevard in Long Beach Township.
Ocean County, New Jersey is home to Oyster Creek Nuclear Generating Station
Published: October 29th, 2012 at 3:57 pm ET
- Ruptured gas lines in areas near New Jersey’s Oyster Creek nuclear plant — ABC: Concern town could be set ablaze, reporter smells oil (VIDEO) October 30, 2012
- Watch: Massive devastation seen near New Jersey’s Oyster Creek nuclear plant (VIDEOS) October 30, 2012
- Video: Roads next to New Jersey nuclear plant flooded this morning by 10:30a ET — Just ~10,000 feet from Oyster Creek October 29, 2012
- AP: Leak at NJ’s Oyster Creek nuclear plant — Gundersen: “A larger issue than the NRC and Exelon is letting on” November 29, 2012
- Flood waters receeding at NJ’s Oyster Creek nuclear plant, alert ends — Cause of power loss being investigated October 31, 2012