Follow-up to: TV: Strange skin condition on cows near Fukushima plant
Title: The Nuclear Dilemma
Source: SBS Dateline
Reporter: Adrian Brown
Date: March 5, 2013
At 3:30 in
Masami Yoshizawa, Cattleman: Since summer last year, seven animals have developed a condition I’ve never seen before.
It looks like more than a skin disease. They have nasty spots.
I believe the disease was caused by the explosion.
Reporter: His herd has become a living symbol of protest against Tepco… and the resumption of nuclear power in Japan.
Yoshizawa: Once nuclear plants reopen, all areas with nuclear plants will be in danger. What we’re suffering here in Fuksuhima will be relevant to everyone who lives near a nuclear plant.
Published: March 5th, 2013 at 12:55 pm ET
- Farmers: Fukushima radiation causing mystery disease — Many animals have developed spots all over their bodies — What if this starts to afffect people? It must be examined — Gov’t can’t identify problem (PHOTO) June 20, 2014
- ABC News: Gov’t, scientists ‘baffled’ over white spots on cows around Fukushima plant — Farmer: No one knows what they are, I think it’s from radiation; “Our town’s contaminated like Chernobyl… We were just thrown away like trash” — Officials order the animals to be slaughtered (VIDEOS) January 5, 2014
- TV: Mystery spots on Fukushima cows ignored by gov’t — Veterinarian: It’s extremely important, Japan has to think of what to do with this problem (VIDEO) August 29, 2013
- TV: Strange skin condition on cows near Fukushima plant March 5, 2013
- Tepco: Animal caused extended power outage at Fukushima Daiichi — Nearly a foot long (PHOTO) March 25, 2013