Fukushima — Is The Crisis Over For The Pacific?
gCaptain, Maritime and Offshore Energy Industry News
May 29, 2012
Could the ongoing nuclear disaster at Fukushima prove to be a cataclysmic event?
The problem is that nuclear fallout is being detected in most of the Pacific, even along the distant shores of America’s coast line. A source tells gCaptain.com reporters that radiation has been detected in most of the Pacific kelp and some fish oil samples scientists have tested [...]
gCaptain is the world’s top maritime and offshore industry blog. gCaptain’s editors have decades of experience while working in management positions on board deepwater drilling rigs, tankers, naval warships, and offshore sailing yachts.
Published: May 29th, 2012 at 9:44 pm ET
- Physician: Statement by Canadian officials indicates Fukushima contamination was detected in fish at levels that are “difficult to explain without undue alarm” — Huffington Post: “Sockeye Salmon Sushi: Use a Geiger Counter” September 6, 2013
- TV: Problems with killer whales local to West Coast — Only baby born in 2013 died — Just two born in 2012 — Depleted fish supply blamed January 22, 2014
- Millions of fish found dead on California coast — 3 major fish kills in 2 weeks — Unidentified ‘goo’ floating nearby; Police clear out beach, call health officials to investigate (VIDEO) August 1, 2014
- TV: “Animals basically dying on our beaches” along West Coast — “New, worse calamity seems to be unfolding” — Experts: “Like walking skeletons”; “So hungry they gnaw on rocks”; “Skin hanging off”; “Extremely unusual… maybe the fish have all left”; “Prepare for the worst” (VIDEOS) February 1, 2015
- Gov’t scientists unsure why giant fish washing up dead on West Coast, “testing tissue for radiation” — “One dead oarfish is odd, two is a pattern” — PBS: “After the Fukushima nuclear disaster, there were accounts of several washing ashore” October 24, 2013