Fukushima — Is The Crisis Over For The Pacific?
gCaptain, Maritime and Offshore Energy Industry News
May 29, 2012
Could the ongoing nuclear disaster at Fukushima prove to be a cataclysmic event?
The problem is that nuclear fallout is being detected in most of the Pacific, even along the distant shores of America’s coast line. A source tells gCaptain.com reporters that radiation has been detected in most of the Pacific kelp and some fish oil samples scientists have tested [...]
gCaptain is the world’s top maritime and offshore industry blog. gCaptain’s editors have decades of experience while working in management positions on board deepwater drilling rigs, tankers, naval warships, and offshore sailing yachts.
Published: May 29th, 2012 at 9:44 pm ET
- CNN: All 15 bluefin tuna samples off California had Fukushima radiation… back in AUGUST 2011 — “This year’s fish are going to be really interesting” says Stanford scientist May 28, 2012
- Forbes: Radiation in California bluefin tuna may be a blessing — Lead Scientist: My first thought was this will do more for conservation of this animal than nearly anything else could May 31, 2012
- Japan Professor: ‘Really shocked’ they found contaminated fish by U.S. coast — Urgent situation to get samples, but stopped by Customs — They need to understand just how critical this is (VIDEO) October 2, 2013
- Top Headline: ‘Fukushima radiation identified off northern California’ — 50% of samples around West Coast test positive — 7.7 Bq/m3 of cesium near California shore, expected to keep rising for years to come (MAP) November 10, 2014
- Gov’t Report: Plutonium detected in recent California air samples — “Fallout from Fukushima nuclear accident” may be to blame December 28, 2015