Ms. Kazuko Kawai, Founder of Voices for Lively Spring (a Japan-based human rights organization and a grass-root organization): The radiation problem, health problem is spreading all over Japan now through burning debris Iwate and Miyagi, and also contaminated food.
Both foreign doctors participated in the IPPW World Conference and the field trip in Fukushima, which was organized by Peace Boat and Green Action and other organizations.
And they thought that they had sufficient information, but then they observed the health consultations on the tour and were very surprised to find out that actual patients were in even worse condition than they had anticipated.
The symptoms are always the same as Dr. [inaudible] said. […] Nose bleeds, skin disease, diarrhea, respiratory diseases, pains at the rear of the ears, stomatitis, and so on, and so on – as well as thyroid disorders.
Published: November 28th, 2012 at 8:57 pm ET
- Japan Cancer Specialist: If this many people are having similar symptoms, doctors need to recognize them as symptoms of radiation exposure — Can’t be dismissed as a mere cold (VIDEO) November 2, 2011
- Fukushima Evacuee: Many kids in region with symptoms of health damage — Abnormal changes began to occur on my son; Stomatitis, eczema, fever, epistaxis December 10, 2012
- Cattleman: “Condition I’ve never seen before” near Fukushima plant — “More than a skin disease, they have nasty spots” — I believe it’s caused by the explosion (PHOTO & VIDEO) March 5, 2013
- TV: 11 workers at U.S. nuclear site transported to medical facilities — Suffering nose bleeds, chest pains, coughing up blood — Multiple locations evacuated — Persistent symptoms “extremely unusual” — Workers: “The place is falling apart… serious problems out there” (VIDEO) March 26, 2014
- People from Tokyo area report thyroid cysts and nodules — Japanese doctors laughing at patients (VIDEO) November 30, 2012