Title: KING 5′s Gary Chittim on why Hanford matters to every Washington resident
Source: KING 5
Author: Susannah Frame
Date: May 2, 2013
At :30 in
Gary Chittim, KING5 Reporter: They’ve already found cesium in the Columbia River. They’ve already found radioactive material in the Columbia River. So it’s not a question of when that will happen. It’s a question of now that it’s happened, what does that mean.
At 3:15 in
Chittim: If u go back and talk to a lot of the government leaders from this state they were all very frustrated […] Talking to [former Washington Governor] Gary Locke, he called it Chernobyl underground, waiting to happen.
Published: May 3rd, 2013 at 6:25 pm ET
- CBS News: Mind-boggling mistakes at leaking U.S. nuclear site — “The chances of a catastrophic event are real” -Former Governor (VIDEO) March 3, 2013
- Governor: Leaks can’t be stopped at U.S. nuclear site — Will take years to begin removing radioactive sludge from leaking Hanford tanks (VIDEO) March 7, 2013
- Officials at leaking U.S. nuclear site don’t know where leak is at or what it’s doing — “Absolutely not, it’s underground” (VIDEO) March 7, 2013
- TV: Most hazardous material on planet leaking at U.S. nuclear site — Would contaminate our food chain for hundreds of years to come if it reaches Columbia River (VIDEO) April 29, 2013
- Governor: Nuclear waste leaking at an estimated 1,000 gallons a year — “No available technology to plug the leaks” at Hanford February 27, 2013