Title: Fukushima…radiation so high – even robots not safe
Uploaded by: TheBigPictureRT
Upload Date: Mar 30, 2012
Kevin Kamps, Beyond Nuclear joins Thom Hartmann. More than a year into the nuclear crisis at Fukushima – radiation levels have now reached their highest point yet. What does all this mean – and what should nuclear supporters in America be taking away from the continuing crisis?
Transcript Excerpt at 5:25 in
Some good news is the Prime Minister of Japan who was serving when the catastrophe began and was quickly ousted some months later, Kan, he’s now devoting himself to nuclear activism. He now wants to abolish nuclear power in Japan.
Title: The Fukushima Lie
Source: ZDF (German TV)
Author: Documentary by Johannes Hano, camera Heiko Käberich, Toby Marshall
Upload Date: Mar 22, 2012
Uploaded by: Steven Morello
Translation by: Steven Muschalik
Subtitles by: Jerry Sa
Original Link: http://zoom.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/9/0,1872,8235273_idDispatch:11369630,00.html
At 0:10 in
PRIME MINISTER KAN: For a long time in Japan, especially the last 10-20 years, there has been a suppression of statements in relation to the dangers of nuclear power.
When specialists from Universities state that certain risks could exist then they risk their future career.
Politicians often receive financial support from the energy companies.
However when one speaks out about the risks of nuclear energy then one loses this support.
On the other side of the coin, when you agree with nuclear energy, you receive generous donations.
This also applies for culture, sport and it includes the media.
Due to these ties an environment has been created in which criticisms can hardly be spoken.
This is why the Nuclear Village is not a problem limited to a small area, but encompasses the whole country. [...]
h/t Nuke Pro
Published: April 3rd, 2012 at 1:03 pm ET
- Wife of Japan’s Pro-Nuke Prime Minister: “I’m opposed to nuclear power” — “My heart aches to see him selling nuclear power overseas” June 11, 2013
- Japan Times: Prime Minister’s position on nuclear power “extremely regrettable” — “Deplorable” decision to continue fuel cycle project January 1, 2013
- “Awe-Inspiring”: Latest footage from inside massive protests at Prime Minister’s residence — Battle between people of Japan and their gov’t “just seems to intensify more and more” (VIDEOS) June 23, 2012
- “Nuclear reactor fears after huge earthquake strikes Japan” — Plant operator “is further looking into any possible damage” — Quake measured “at highest possible level” on Japan’s intensity scale — Prime Minister: “We intend to do the utmost to grasp situation” — Official: “Extent of damage still unclear” (VIDEOS) April 14, 2016
- CNN: Urgent – Emergency repairs reported at largest nuclear power plant in Europe — Prime Minister: I know that a nuclear accident has occurred (VIDEO) December 3, 2014