Former adviser says government worsened radiation exposure, DPA, June 11, 2011:
A former adviser to Prime Minister Naoto Kan accused the government of aggravating the radiation exposure of local residents during the nuclear crisis, news reports said Saturday.
Toshiso Kosako, professor of radiation safety at the University of Tokyo’s graduate school [...] said the government had delayed the release of forecasts on the spread of radiation compiled by the Nuclear Safety Technology Center’s computer system, Kyodo said, citing the April 27 report.
He urged the government to conduct an epidemiological study in Fukushima and neighboring prefectures as thyroid cancer was expected to develop among children. [...]
Published: June 11th, 2011 at 4:52 am ET
- Senior adviser who resigned says Japan gov’t set public’s safe radiation limit 20 times too high May 1, 2011
- “Scary”: 1 in 20 children around Fukushima risks developing thyroid cancer from radiation contamination (VIDEO) September 3, 2012
- Mainichi publishes report on thyroid cancer: 30% in Fukushima now with tumors of 2cm or less, thyroid gland only 5cm by 3cm total — Claims cancer increases after 10 sievert radiation dose, so Japan ok (10,000 millisieverts) April 27, 2012
- Kyodo: 10 Fukushima children believed to have cancer — 70% female — Several already had surgery for thyroid February 13, 2013
- High internal radiation exposure detected in young children — 16 people with internal exposure over 1 millisievert October 22, 2011