- There is estimated to be almost 10 billion pounds of disaster debris in Iwate Prefecture alone.
- Amounts for Fukushima and Miyagi Prefectures were not reported.
- If possible, debris will be burned. If not burnable, it will be buried.
- The burning will continue for at least 2.5 years, until March 2014.
- Nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen says that by burning the radioactive debris “we are basically recreating Fukushima all over again“.
- Gundersen also says the radioactive clouds will continue across the Pacific to the west coast of the US and Canada.
At 7:30 in
Published: September 1st, 2012 at 12:30 am ET
- FORUM: General Nuclear Issues Discussion Thread October 1, 2014
- FORUM: Off-Topic Discussion Thread (Non-Nuclear Issues) October 1, 2014
- FORUM: Post Your Radiation Monitoring Data Here (Dec. 17, 2011 – Present) September 1, 2012
- FORUM: Off-Topic Discussion Thread (Non-Nuclear Issues) for Jan. 5, 2013 – Mar. 25, 2014 February 1, 2013
- FORUM: Off-Topic Discussion Thread (Non-Nuclear Issues) — New as of April 2016 January 1, 2016