Published: September 1st, 2012 at 12:18 am ET
1,925 comments

Here are some links to reports that have been on this site, please provide more by commenting below:

Published: September 1st, 2012 at 12:18 am ET
1,925 comments

1. FORUM: What should be done about Japan burning radioactive debris? September 1, 2012
  2. FORUM: Post Your Radiation Monitoring Data Here December 4, 2012
  3. FORUM: Petitions, Ballot Initiatives, Other Signature Drives (VIDEO) September 1, 2012
  4. FORUM: Effects of low level radiation September 1, 2012
  5. FORUM: Upcoming meetings, gatherings, & demonstrations about energy issues September 1, 2012

1,925 comments to FORUM: Possible Fukushima-related Anomalies — Deformations, Yellow Rain, Metallic Taste in Mouth, etc.

• mungo mungo

what is this then?

Signs are to be put up in the New Forest warning dog owners about a mysterious disease that has killed 17 dogs across Britain in recent months.

The Forestry Commission notices tell owners to take their pet to a vet should it develop lesions on its legs, paws or face.

Vets say the disease – which leads to kidney failure – is similar to "Alabama Rot", which was first seen in the US in the 1980s.

The source of the disease is unknown.

However, the Environment Agency has ruled out chemical contamination in water supplies.

The source of the disease is unknown.

• Another fish die-off. http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/site/index.php?pageid=event_desc&edis_id=BH-20140117-42323-USA
    This one in Reno, which has been getting frequent level 4 and 5 alerts for several months. "Authorities are puzzled."
    I apologize for double posting.

• pinksailmatt pinksailmatt

Looks like I got some competition brewin'.

GMO Purple Tomatoes in a store near you.

Maybe they mutate up to have ears!

So, the store clerk asks, do you want the GMO Purple Twin ears or do you want the nosed fukushimas?

• pinksailmatt pinksailmatt

Was out looking at some holly trees…you know the ones with sharp spikes on them. Well…the spikes were "all gone" on many of the leaves. They were left smooth and rounder in portrait.
    Cesium mutated looked to me.

• pinksailmatt pinksailmatt

Short Term Positive: Spiny Eurchins are increasing on the Oregon Coast!(per crabbing friends info.)

• many moons

Maybe the numbers seem to be increasing because the sea urchin's predators, like sea stars and lobsters, have turned to goo.

• Sea stars ARE the predators of sea urchins.

PBS just did a program about sea stars dying off from alaska to Mexico, but they never once mentioned Fukushima or radiation. The biologists focused only on diseases, but admitted they have not found any despite searching and testing for them.

Hmmm, does that sound like science to you? When one research avenue is a blind alley, how about going down other avenues and exploring other possibilities, such as PLUTONIUM, or strontium, or cesium?

• zogerke zogerke

that isn't science. that is censorship and spin.

• newsblackoutUSA newsblackoutUSA

Dr. Good…I think eventually the media will say the sea stars died of diseases because of impaired immune systems…leaving out how the immune systems became impaired in the first place.

• many moons

It sounds like the science of bullshit covering for the science of making money off of the planet earth.

Let's face it…there are a people in this world who don't care how they make money, everything is permitted specially if it results in more money.
        Keeping water and land and air clean is expensive. And who benefits from that? It isn't a cleaver way to make money.
        Think of all the money that is saved by polluting! It's very lucrative! It's not going to stop! We have to put these companies against the wall…boycott BP, cut your energy consumption down, boycott polluters, this will slow them down…money is the be all and end all of their existence and we need to plan our attack on their level…hit them in the pocket!

• zogerke zogerke

agreed, many moons. if someones/ could organize some sort of economic boycott with people really agreeing to turn off their lights or not buy gas for one day or – stop purchasing grid power in one venue in a publicized organized fashion…that might make a dent. hard in winter with dark and extreme cold. imagine an organized equivalent of a bus boycott against power companies….that was publicized…..sigh.

• many moons

Yes there would be some sacrifices but think of what we might save, what we would not permit to be destroyed.

We need to defend mother earth…better start late than never…it's just going to get worse.
            I'd rather live with less electricity than live with more electricity to run the machines that are keeping me alive…until it's no longer lucrative to have them on. Get what I mean? It's a vicious circle…and we will be the ones making many more sacrifices than turning off lights etc.
            It's time to organize.

• Arizonan Arizonan

March 11: Unplug from nuclear, national campaign. Turn off electricity for day. Google unplugged from nuclear for more info.

• bo bo

I was just reading article on silentspring.org, a breast cancer organization.
        Cape Cod has 20 % higher breast cancer incidence than the rest of the state of Massachusetts. The number of years a woman has resided in the Cape has direct correlation to increase in breast cancer incidence. So they go around questioning everything in that environment – everything – except not even a word mentioned on that giant, aging, wheezing, leaky nuke plant standing right there in the middle of it all.

That is not science.

• Sparky

Jezzz! Lavender colored giant "red" crab. I don't think I can read even one more story like this. "…experts at a research center in Hokkaido believe the peculiar coloration was “the effect of its diet or possibly a mutation causing a lack of pigment.”

At least they mention Fukushima radiation, per internet buzz:

• livelife

Hi all. I just wanted to share that I have a metallic taste in my mouth, and confirmed with a coworker who is experiencing the same. We don't have metal fillings either. We are in the San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles) area. Would love to know if anyone in the area is experiencing the same thing…

Thank you Enenews for all that you do. The same to all the people posting your knowledge. I've been a long time reader, since the very beginning. I don't know what I'd do without you all.

• Sparky

Hi Livelife, Thanks for posting and for hanging with us for so long. I was in the San Diego/La Jolla area for a few days about a week ago and had a metallic taste in my mouth for about 4 days afterwards and was very fatigued. I took my GC on the trip and recorded a CPM of 97 outside the SD airport. In La Jolla CPMs were averaging about 36 (Feb. 6-8, 2014). On the plane in-flight, I recorded a CPM high of 157 (Feb. 8). It may have been higher, but I was required to turn the rad monitor off during portions of the flight.

Maybe we both need to detox, but I'm still learning how to do all that. Stay well, livelife. :-)

• AirSepTech AirSepTech

Without any way to detect—–get out of there.

Go up wind, or a diagonal to that. If it stays the same try a bit different direction, but go UPWIND.

This is evacuation rule #1

It may be many things, some not so bad, but ?????

I am from there, long ago. Good luck

• Good advice.

If you are unable to exit the area, staying inside with HEPA Filters would be my next move.

You might also check at EnviroReporter.com comments page. They are in Santa Monica and someone on their site has a Rad Detector in Simi Valley too.

I did notice an odd taste while outside last night. It tasted more like burnt plastic to me, but I did make mental note of it. I am located between Bakersfield and Fresno.

• livelife

Thanks for the info everyone! I checked EnviroReporter's live Glendale station, and it doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Again, I don't understand half of how to read the results, so I could be deceiving myself in thinking it's ok.

We are near that metal recycling plant that accepted Rocketdyne's radioactive metal waste, who knows what gets kicked up when they're moving their scrap around. The whole valley is polluted, it's awful! Thanks for your input, if I could up and pack and move out, I would! Just working on mitigating the effects of this mess as best I can. Thanks for all your advice. I'll check back here often to see if anyone else experiences the same.

• 4Yahshua

2~23~5995 (out of 6000) in this "Twilight Zone Apocalypse"!

We live in Orange County about 5 miles from Huntington Beach, CA. Because we mean to survive THIS, we now take probiotics several times a day (Primal Defense Ultra capsules and a Swanson brand.)
        12.5 mg iodine capsule a day also helps Change your diet and supplement plan to SURVIVE! Blessings!

• Radioactive Banana

This week Fukushima has had two huge releases that I caught on netc.com. They were 136,000 nSv/hour and 139,000! Huge releases seem to be coming out every few days. The map always shows the circle as green but it is incredibly high. I got a screen shot the other night of the reading. Get out of CA.

Pease to you and safe passeges!

• VanneV VanneV

Probably caused by an accident with the fuel removal. Whatever, we need to leave the planet. What a sad state of affairs. It was so beautiful before it was trashed by scientific technology, especially by nuclear technology.

• Arizonan Arizonan

Planet still beautiful. Enjoy while we can.

• pinksailmatt pinksailmatt

It is INDEED a time of danger!

On 3/1/14, EPA/RadNet completed their "Maintenance" of most of their monitoring sites.

What they did was to knock the radiation scales down on most of the Beta Graphs, so the data would stay ON the graph and not just give NOTHING when the spikes hit.

That is only ONE thing that I have noticed.

Check out Corvallis Oregon Beta for yourself, and tell me I am wrong.

Of course, the EPA has never said BOO about what they did.

The other thing was they ELIMINATED some more of the monitoring stations, which is EXACTLY what you would expect if they were trying to hide something.

Hey…EPA…your NOT trying to HIDE something…are you?

Has anyone else seen the article about a polio-like illness cropping up in California? I understand that radiation can cause all sorts of illnesses, might this be caused by the radiation that has passed over CA? Or in milk or tuna the kids might have eaten? Any thoughts? I would assume that no authorities are checking for radiation as a cause.

• Stacy

Anyone else getting a milky substance that is left on their windshields after snow has melted? We are in PA…

• alasanon

It's such a breath of fresh air to read about what's going on with this situation and with people's observations around the U.S… Thank you!

I have not yet experienced a metallic mouth or taste, to my knowledge… I have been careful to take good iodine supplements upon the advice of a friend from Russia who knows what it's like to read every label after Chernobyl, she said!

But, on a couple of occasions I did have a brief tension feeling in my joints when I was outside during bad snowstorms this winter…

I thought it might be "the bone-seeker" AKA radioactive Strontiums that target bones and travel far and wide after a nuclear plant accident….

I normally do not have any creaky joints or bone discomfort and certainly not when I was indoors… I've been trying to take extra minerals to offset this problem.. hmmm. And I try to avoid precipitation… Good luck all!~

• lam335 lam335

I'm in northern Indiana. On the evening of Wednesday, Feb. 26, from around 7:45 to 10:30 p.m. there was a strange burnt/metallic smell in the air all over a broad swath of South Bend. I noticed it while driving to someone's house. At first I didn't notice it in their house, but then it even seemed to waft into their (finished) basement, where we were. When I left and drove home, the scary smell was still in the air. Did anybody else in the region notice anything like this that evening or around that time.

I did not have a metallic taste in my mouth; it was just a bad/strange smell in the air.

My initial fear was the plume from WIPP, but I have not heard any reports that the towns closer to it experienced a noticeable smell in the air, and since we are more than 1000 miles from the site and over ten days had passed, I thought it would have dispersed enough that it could not create such a strong smell over such a broad geographic area.

Has anyone heard/read any reports about residents in any of the towns closer to the WIPP reporting that they smelled anything unusual following the accident?

Alternatively, has anyone heard of any such reports from communities downwind of the many nuke plants in Illinois?

Whatever it was, we were all exposed to it for quite a while the other night, and it seems to have been inescapable since it was discernible even in the house.

• Radioactive Banana

Hello! This week I was looking at the netc.com map for radiation around the US & world. At about 1:00 am Tuesday night there was an Alert symbol on Evansville Indiana. I alerted news agencies and some businesses at that time. I complained to the EPA and asked if they had alerted people to stay indoors. no reply of coarse. It appeared that wind was from NM WIPP.

Take plenty of vitamens to wash out harmful substances.

God I can't even believe how crazy this all is! I think if we all stick together and help one another then that is the only way cuz the gov seems to be crazy!

Peace and safe passages!

• humptydumpty humptydumpty

The bureaucrats have all gone bananas.

• lam335 lam335

Thanks for your response. I had noticed the high Evansville numbers for several days, but most of those days there was nothing anomalous up in South Bend (as far as I know). It was only that one night that this smell seemed to pervade the town (at least the several miles between my place and the home I was visiting). I wonder if anyone down in Evansville smelled this burny/metallic smell.

• lam335 lam335

Actually, I just clicked on the historical charts for Evansville, and that night there was a pretty high spike (followed by bigger ones the next two days). I had noticed several level 4 alerts on the regular NETC map for Evansville in the days before, but most of those were simply increases in the "relative" values. But that spike on the 26th, and the ones that follow on the 27th, 28th seem to be spikes in the absolute value (i.e., actual high numbers, not just unusual increases). I think the relative values on NETC are misleading because they end up producing a lot of alert signs for readings that don't actually seem that high. BUT the readings recorded for the nights in question seem like definite spikes (In the sense of truly high number readings). That's very concerning.

• Radioactive Banana

The EPA also shut down RADnet on Wednesday for a while.

Watching this windmap http://hint.fm/wind/ It appeared that the winds were staying over NM and then Tuesday they traveled to Oaklahoma and northward up to NY.

The gov is not telling us about the radiation from Fukushima so why would they tell us about radiation from WIPP?

• jec jec

Add cataracts to the damages from the radiation! Even sun glasses do not do much to protect.

• bf9 bf9

Downwind of WIPP in PHX today, woke up with a pretty decent nosebleed. Yikes! Would be surprised if there were some puffs out of that bastard in the last day or so that I'm now inhaling. Any criticality-induced iodine coming out of that thing, perhaps?

• califnative (NY) califnative (NY)

bf9 Wow, thanks for posting that, my parents live in Tucson and I haven't mentioned WIPP to them yet. My Dad said he hasn't been feeling well the last two days.

• bf9 bf9

As I've been watching the wind maps (as much as possible, been moving to a new house the last two days) it certainly lines up to any potential releases from WIPP. Prior to Fuku, I have had a nosebleed once or twice in my entire life…definitely has me wondering. Be well everyone!

• bf9 bf9

Also, I've had ringing in my ears from light to just past moderate for the last year or so, sporadically on and off. I have heard and read that this can be related to the thyroid as I have a nodule on the left side and elevated hormones revealed through bloodwork done recently. Pay attention to these things guys and gals, I'm learning that symptoms like this are often very indicative of things- not normal at all. Obviously it could be unrelated, but the more I look into these things the more I see direct parallels. Get yourself checked by your/a doctor as it could make an enormous difference.

• bo bo

bf9…I am so sorry to hear about this :(
          Stay safe, and get out if you can. I do not know your life so this is just a guess but you are young and footloose ( I apologize if I a wrong about this ) can switch schools etc…unlike older folks with bigger ties.

• alasanon

As I queried above, has anyone else noticed a tension briefly in their bones or joints since 3/11/11??… I've noticed it after being out on likely bad days or when there is precipitation…

It's strange that Strontium, "the bone-seeker" is never mentioned in most tests, but it's known to be one of the most prevalent byproducts of a nuclear meltdown accident.

• alasanon

I miss how more people would put down their observations in their environment. Some of the comments from inland places like Michigan, USA blew my mind. I still can't believe the EPA isn't doing any comprehensive testing to speak of…

My observations in No.VA/D.C., USA: There are a LOT of people, kids, & pets walking around out in the rain without rain gear or umbrellas lately… At least the babies are in covered strollers…

I haven't heard of any new cases of cancer or autoimmune disease, other than allergy issues in multiple babies who were born post-Fuku. out here.

I'm OK, but not very comfortable with the quality of all our food and the lack of reliable radiological testing.

At this time, my family and friends on the Pacific West Coast, USA are not reporting major health issues. My friend whom I convinced to stop flying through Tokyo for business no longer has nosebleeds, but he fully attributes it to something else… :(
    Onward & upward!…

I'm so glad to see that http://www.EnviroReporter.com is back with new stories for this month! And Fukushima Diary still has some amazing translations of the latest scientific data from the site. http://fukushima-diary.com/ Enformable also has some very interesting stories… http://enformable.com/
    I wish we could reference all the Archives here. I have learned so much!! Thank you!~

Well, that's my update from March 2014 on the East Coast, USA.

• alasanon

To add, the local flora and fauna in No.VA/D.C./MD seem OK. (We have a lot of seemingly healthy-looking birds, chipmunks, deer & squirrels.)
      But, that's just what I can see as a totally untrained non-biologist… I have talked to real biologists with the Nat. Parks and they said that the local birds of prey populations (esp. Owls) dropped off precipitously last year! Nesting and birth rates are going poorly, they say.. And we had a sad Atlantic dolphin die-off recently, but they identified a contagious virus that has caused epidemics in the past, too… So, I don't know the whole story, by any means.

And, of course, this is ONLY 3 years out… after a massive, uncontained triple nuclear meltdown!!… Time will tell.

I guess we're all just lucky to be ALIVE!- :)

• Seraphine Seraphine

Alasanon, I know no one has replied to you yet on this –
    Yes, I've had terrible pains in my joints. It is extremely painful to use my right thumb; my hands & sometimes feet have stabbing pains at times, making them nearly useless. My neck has felt like I slept on it wrong for at least 4 months now & gets all kinds of painful/odd sensations when bent to the right. Even if I just lie down with my arms folded under my pillow, my elbows will ache.

I've also had many more headaches than usual (ordinarily, I got monthly migraines ;) wait, that doesn't deserve a smiley face…) – at one point, I had blinding headaches every day for weeks on end.

After some odd bloating w/a hard abdomen, I learned a few months ago that my liver & spleen were enlarged.

It's like there's a blind spot over the center of the vision of my right eye. I noticed this last year.

I cannot even begin to describe how fatigued I've been, or recall the last time I wasn't.

I've had oral thrush at least 14 times since last January, and now cannot eat anything with yeast or go hungry for too long without the thrush recurring. It's like it's always there, barely being staved off by the probiotic pills I take. I NEVER had it before in my life.

Kinda doubt this is related, but I've started going gray rather quickly. I'm 33.

I still wonder if what happened to me on March 13 2011 may have been related to events in/involving Japan…if not, it's symbolic anyway.

• alasanon

Thanks for your account! I'm sorry that you're having those conditions! I don't know that I would fare so well on the Pacific NW/Japan/British Columbia/CA. I'm lucky I don't have to fly there. My worst "spells" occurred after a flight (threw up)during the time of the 2011 "hydrogen" explosions and having some throat irritation that spring and summer. I took some precautions and counter-measures ASAP. I try to reduce my intake, etc. I also noticed a few times of tension in my joints–the worst being after a big snow and once during that fateful spring of 2011… It's weird because I've never had that before. I thought that Spring 2011 was the worst time overall. But, I honestly haven't had illness or any of the classic metal mouth symptoms. I've been living on the East Coast.

I don't think a lack of symptoms now is any assurance b/c this stuff affects people differently and typically does not fully kick in until years later!…

That's one reason I've been cautious. My beloved grandfather had been exposed to fallout from the Hiroshima atomic bomb during his service in WWII. However, the effects only really came down on him some 10 years after his exposure!… Plus, he had been such a healthy, strong man. I'll never forget that reality.

Keep detoxing and just get away from it!…There are jobs and homes elsewhere!! Good luck!..

• Seraphine Seraphine

Forgot to include – my skin peeled like crazy when I lived in the city (Seattle) and I often threw up upon returning home, which I always attributed to the temperature difference.
    Now I'm about 20 miles south in a more wooded area, but it's so damp! :(
    Seattle's radiation monitor on netc.com won't be coming back on. You can bet on it. I hope I can set up my own.

• alasanon

To cont. my comment…

With all the gag orders on the media, it's vital to read impressions from those who continue to be somewhere… "DOWNWIND"!… :(

THANKS!-

• alasanon

….somewhere… Somewhere…somewhere downwind!…

(catchy) :P

Has anyone noticed anything with the Wildlif or plants? I haven't seen anything too off-beat here, but I'm not a biologist by any means. My plants look pretty normal.

(To add, plants did NOT look normal here during the months of severe Corexit spraying during the BP oil disaster. It rained a lot of poisonous stuff on us in the Southeast near the coast…At that time I turned to CA/Pacific seafood & produce very happily-thanks!)