FORUM: Post Your Radiation Monitoring Data Here

Published: September 1st, 2014 at 12:00 am ET
8,788 comments

Previous radiation monitoring thread here: http://enenews.com/forum-post-radiation-monitoring-data-dec-17-2011-present

Published: September 1st, 2014 at 12:00 am ET
8,788 comments

1. FORUM: What should be done about Japan burning radioactive debris? September 1, 2012
  2. FORUM: Effects of low level radiation September 1, 2012
  3. FORUM: Off-Topic Discussion Thread (Non-Nuclear Issues) October 1, 2014
  4. FORUM: Methods for combating radiation and its effects September 1, 2012
  5. FORUM: General Nuclear Issues Discussion Thread October 1, 2014

8,788 comments to FORUM: Post Your Radiation Monitoring Data Here

• UPDATE/NUCLEAR ACCIDENT ILLINOIS: Found on #Honeywell Union Worker Lockout page, posted by Scott Posey: "I assume Honeywell let all the replacement workers know the company will pay for all their windshields that need to be replaced now as well as detailing all of their cars and trucks."

**Anyone who lives in the area that had cars parked outside last night needs to check the windshields and the paint for pitting. If there is damage, even if it is very mild, DO NOT TOUCH THE CAR. Document with video and hi-resolution pics, email me asap @ christinax4@yahoo.com

"When we called the plant to ask why the Honeywell sirens were going off the guards said to shelter in place, turn off air, & close windows."

This was just posted on Radchicks Facebook page and hour ago! More info can be found there.

Does anyone known if anything about this? The #Honeywell Radchick link does not work.

• order111

JOIN THE ILLUMINATI order100.111@aol.com JOIN THE ILLUMINATI FROM SOUTH AFRICA, USA, OR ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD TODAY BE RICH, FAME, AND POSSES POWER.email us on order100.111@aol.com for immediate initiation New members registration is now open online now !!!!! BENEFITS GIVEN TO NEW MEMBERS WHO JOIN ILLUMINATI. A Cash Reward of USD $300,000 USD A New Sleek Dream CAR valued at USD $120,000 USD A Dream House bought in the country of your own choice One Month holiday (fully paid) to your dream tourist destination. One year Golf Membership package A V.I.P treatment in all Airports in the World A total Lifestyle change Access to Bohemian Grove Monthly payment of $1,000,000 USD into your bank account every month as a member One Month booked Appointment with Top 5 world Leaders and Top 5 Celebrities in the World. If you are interested call the agent now send your e-mail to order100.111@aol.com for immediately initiation.New members registration is now open online –

E-mail via order100.111@aol.com
      Call us via +27743185702
      Agent Kim

• Uranium hexafluoride release tonight at Honeywell Works, Metropolis, IL. – 26th October 2014

Extracts:

There was a confirmed uranium hexafluoride release at Honeywell Works in Metropolis, IL at 8pm tonight. Sirens have sounded and Honeywell guards have told people to shelter in place, close windows, and turn off A/C.

It was noted to be moving west from Metropolis. Wind maps indicate that the wind is from the southeast, so the plume would be moving northwest. Cape Girardeau MO and St Louis MO, or points in between, would seem to be where it is headed. And it won’t stop there.

• VanneV VanneV

List of RADCON-4 sites:
    4:310 near Pittsburgh, PA, US 263 2014-10-27 13:49:00 G
    5:310 near Pittsburgh, PA, US 494 2014-10-27 13:49:00 G
    5:412 near Orlando, FL, US 175 2014-10-27 12:40:00 G
    5:429 near Augusta, GA, US 452 2014-10-27 12:54:00 U
    5:513 near Cleveland, OH, US 301 2014-10-27 13:20:00 G
    5:910 near Reno, NV, US 325 2014-10-27 13:43:00 G
    4:919 near Tucson, AZ, US 354 2014-10-27 12:48:00 U
    5:919 near Tucson, AZ, US 400 2014-10-27 12:48:00 U

• @Vital-1:

* Your page at:
    > http://sccc.org.au/charting-templates

–is a heckuva good resource –and thanks! (Yes: I started with printed graph paper, ruler and pencil, then went to the general purpose "ZGrapher" program –free from:
    > http://www.palamsoft.com/
    –and which you've linked to –but your Open Office templates might be way better –especially for a beginner. I'll have to check them out. (BTW: the Open Office parent program is also free! –and will do much of what Microsoft's office suite does –including opening and converting DocX files.)

* Per your: "Most digital Geiger counters will display the day’s average background with the press of a button", that's good news. Please list the affordable (under $200), Geiger counters with that internal feature.

• Bungalow Phil

Uranium hexafluoride (UF6), referred to as "hex" in the nuclear industry, is a compound used in the uranium enrichment process that produces fuel for nuclear reactors and nuclear weapons. It forms solid grey crystals at standard temperature and pressure, is highly toxic, reacts violently with water and is corrosive to most metals. It reacts mildly with aluminium, forming a thin surface layer of AlF3 that resists further reaction.

• Checkmate

Vitial1, I have a question for you: You state on your Geiger rate page that the 4 yr. Prefuk averages were .081 uSv/hr, .17 Australia, .34 USA, World .23 Could you please give me a source for the information that you posted regarding these averages?
    Thank-you

• jump-ball jump-ball

Did any SOCALers just notice or record a huge BG surge at 816pm PT, but only 1 minute long? We're 100 miles west of LA in desert cities, and haven't seen any such anomaly in over a year.

My gmc-200, reliably indicating 19-25 CPM ave. BG for a year, suddenly ALARMED to off-the-graph at 816pm PT, somewhere over 400 CPM, which I won't be able to quantify until I save and read the data, which I will do now as the BG has returned to 24 CPM for 22 minutes.

Probably nothing, or is it something, which will be kept out of the morning news?

• Checkmate

Thanks Vital1 for info on world averages, but I do believe after looking at contributors to the Wiki article by vested interests in Nuke that all the info there is not at all credible.
    Another question I have deals with- how does one take a country average and break it down to a daily average? Certainly not by dividing it by 365 days. Anyone know?
    Next how do we divide it per hour?

• Checkmate

Thanks UWANTSUN for your Oct. 26 posting. The southern Cal. pre-fuku ave. of 7 to 12 cpm BG and EPA raising it to 30 BG calling it natural, represents a 250% to 428% increase of radiation.

I have come to the conclusion that no matter where you live in the US, we could use these percentages to adjust our current CPM counts as to reflect possibly the true BG before Fuku in our respected areas at least as a minimum measurement.

• califnative califnative

jump-ball, watching consistent elevated readings the last few weeks in Tucson, AZ and noticed a pattern happening so I decided write down NETC/EPA readings since last Monday in the morning and evening. Thursday 28th, San Diego's monitor was removed and readings were always 140 CPM. Faulty monitor or good excuse to remove it? The big jump in numbers is between 7:00am and 8:00am then stays the exact number all day, (no fluctuations for the most part) drops in the evenings. Seems like there is a daily timed release. 9:00pm reading isn't available yet, table below:

San Diego Mon/Tue/Wed 27, 28, 29

176/219/101 8:00am
    129/61 9:00pm

Dallas, TX Mon/Tue/Wed 27, 28, 29
    148/107/174 7:00am
    124/125/66 8:00am
    102/174 9:00pm

Anybody know who I can contact to ask why these areas are consistently elevated? Let me guess, nope we are on our own. I really have to say these high rads are getting to me, I'm irritable, edgy, fits of unusual anger for no real reason, not myself these days.

• califnative califnative

vital1 your sweet, thanks. I'll certainly will look through them. I have been under stress off and on for the last year since moving from San Francisco to Tucson. Fortunately I have family here and I'm pretty good at learning to relax, take a break and have fun when needed. I specifically was mentioning I believe the elevated levels of radiation everyday (100-300+) for the last month or two is effecting me physically and mentally hence the agitation, short temper and other symptoms. There are other environmental factors that come into play as well. I do come here to rant and rave, over exaggerate to some but it's the one place to share with others during what I believe are numbers days on this beautiful planet. For instance, went shopping at the grocery store and some of the vegetables were HUGE! Washington apples, gigantic onions, romaine lettuce was so big I wasn't going to get it. I asked the produce clerk if they looked unusually big and his response was the time of year and how they were grown, I handed him the "Fukushima Is Here" biz card.

Got good and bad days like the rest of us. Thank you again for helpfulness :)