Waterbourne Hazard Capability: Operation Tomodachi, Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), 2012 Symposium (at 6:15 in): “A little bit of a hiccup along the way to be honest with you. The Tepco readings were actually 3 to 4 days before they actually gave us the readings of what the buoy markers were.”
The Challenges and Methods for Source Term Estimation, National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), 2013 Symposium: “There were some significant challenges with [Fukushima Daiichi's] source term […] Why is this important? We have these maps like this radiation fallout map. But it turns out that this map doesn’t necessarily reflect airborne inhalation exposures, which is critical to determining who was exposed and the extent of their radiation exposure and the subsequent medical impacts they may experience.”
Navy lawsuit claims sailors exposed to Fukushima radiation — Sailors say radiation contaminated water supply
Shepard Smith, anchor: More than 50 current and former U.S. Navy sailors say radiation from the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan has made them sick […] Experts say that the disaster released dangerous levels of radiation into the air and into the ocean. […] What’s the latest in this case now? I wasn’t aware this was so widespread.
Lea Gabrielle, reporter: [...] It’s important to note these sailors are not actually suing the U.S. government, there are laws that prevent active duty personnel from doing just that.
See also: Fox News: "So many US sailors coming forward" with symptoms after mission near Fukushima; "Strange lumps all over... he'd been poisoned with radiation"; Hemorrhaging, cancers, leukemia, tumors -- Another 50 service members may join lawsuit
Published: December 20th, 2013 at 8:05 pm ET
- TV: Huge increase in US Navy sailors suffering injury after Fukushima exposure — Gov’t reports show USS Reagan went directly into most intense area of plume just as radioactive releases hit peak — Over 20 trillion becquerels coming from plant every second — “We’re now beginning to see the real data” (VIDEO) October 2, 2014
- NBC Affiliate: US Navy sailor discusses sickness after serving in Japan on USS Ronald Reagan December 29, 2012
- FOX News: “A Fukushima Fightback” — US Navy sailors say there was a conspiracy to withhold truth about radiation releases (AUDIO) December 31, 2012
- Gundersen: U.S. Navy sailors suffered horrific radiation exposures off Fukushima coast — Massive government cover-up going on for many years (VIDEOS) December 31, 2013
- Navy sailor suing over Fukushima exposure dies from rare cancer near heart — TV: Navy lieutenant retires, says he’s unable to use leg muscles due to Fukushima radiation and confined to wheelchair — Both in mid-30s (VIDEOS) June 16, 2014