Title: What is killing sea lion pups?
Source: Fox News
Date: April 28, 2013
Anchor: What’s killing the sea lions? [...] Now marine biologist are trying to determine what has gone wrong and if it could affect us, humans.
Expert: [...] By investigating causes into things that are impacting them we do a lot of times get information that in turn could impact us. We eat a lot of the same fish species, we are using the ocean in similar ways. So what we learn from them definitely does play into our health.
Reporter: [...] Could it be radiation from Japan’s Fukushima nuclear plant that had a meltdown back in 2011?
Anchor: Wow that would be astounding and sad certainly.
Published: April 29th, 2013 at 11:12 am ET
- “Radiation epidemic” killing So. California sea lions? Gov’t experts now checking animals for contamination from Fukushima Daiichi April 6, 2013
- TV: Crisis of epic proportions for California sea lions — Suffering abscesses, seizures — Exponentially higher numbers washing up (VIDEO) April 2, 2013
- Caldicott: California nuclear plant a ‘time bomb’ if restarted — Chance of nuke disaster in U.S. very high… not if, but when (VIDEO) March 15, 2013
- Fox News: Fukushima contamination is hitting California — “Humans are terrified” of eating it — “It’s an open question” about the risks — “You’re not scared? To me, if someone tells me there’s low levels of radioactivity in that fish…” (VIDEO) January 17, 2014
- CNN airs troubling images of ill California sea lions — “Like walking skeletons” — Unprecedented crisis, exponentially higher numbers — 700 rescued recently (VIDEO) March 23, 2013