Radiation in Our Food, Fox News by Chris Kilham, June 29, 2011:
[...] Milk, fruits and vegetables show trace amounts of radioactive isotopes from the Fukushima Daichi power plants, and the media appears to be paying scant attention, if any attention at all. It is as if the problem only involves Japan [...]
Radiation tests conducted since the nuclear disaster in Japan have detected radioactive iodine and cesium in milk and vegetables produced in California. [...] Milk sold in Arizona, Arkansas, Hawaii, Vermont and Washington has also tested positive for radiation since the accident.
Additionally, drinking water tested in some U.S. municipalities also shows radioactive contamination. Is the fallout from Fukushima Daichi falling on us? Yes, it is.
Thanks to the jet stream air currents that flow across the Pacific Ocean, the U.S. is receiving a steady flow of radiation from Fukushima Daichi. [...]
Published: June 29th, 2011 at 8:40 pm ET
- Scientist: Radiation in food going to be a nationwide problem in US — Not just limited to one region (VIDEO) May 3, 2011
- NBC Nightly News: ‘Has Radiation Entered Our Food Supply Chain?’ — USA Today: News getting worse at Fukushima, widespread suspicion leaks into ocean ‘underreported’ — Expert: “I’m not trying to be alarmist… but how will we know it’s safe” for West Coast? (VIDEO) March 9, 2014
- Food-safety concerns increasing after gov’t mishandles radioactive beef problem: Industry official July 14, 2011
- Professor in Japan: Gov’t blatantly under-reporting radiation data — “It will become common knowledge that the contamination has come far beyond what is being reported in the media” (VIDEO) October 4, 2011
- Top 20 US Newspaper: The world’s food chain could be compromised — Japan’s radiation seems inescapable June 2, 2012