*NSFW* Watch the full Nov. 14, 2012 broadcast of the Joe Rogan Experience with best selling author, television host and robotics engineer Daniel Wilson on here
Title: Operation Plowshare: The Plan to Bomb America With Kindness
Author: Esther Inglis-Arkell
Date: July 27, 2012
The Plowshare program was both a public relations ploy and a serious scientific study. It was an attempt to see if nuclear bombs could be used in peaceful constructive ways. If it had been successful, America would pretty much be humming by now.
During the late 1930s and early 1940s, the entire focus of the atomic program was to create the weapon to end any war, even one as all-consuming as World War II. After the war, the makers of the bomb saw its power, and their own uneasy public, and tried to think of ways to both soothe the American people, and put the bombs to good use. Some of their minds drifted to the Bible verse in Isiah 2:4, “They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.”
Post Independent, Sept. 29, 2012: Project Rulison [...] released 10 times the amount of natural gas as compared to traditional methods. However, the natural gas was contaminated with radioactivity, rendering it unmarketable. [...] Recently, there has been much debate over whether it is now safe to drill in the buffer zone. In December of 2009, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management approved drilling within the three-mile buffer zone, although permission has not yet been given to drill within a half-mile of the blast site.
Published: November 14th, 2012 at 7:25 pm ET
- Subsidence concerns at WIPP nuclear dump — Over 100 operating oil and gas wells within mile of site, a ‘very active’ area — Reserves ‘directly underneath’ buried waste — Fracking to take place nearby? (VIDEO) March 6, 2014
- Nuclear Expert: Melted nuclear core could go up to a HALF MILE into earth (VIDEO) July 14, 2012
- Local News: Worker with fiery rash covering half of body — Blamed on radiation exposure, fracking chemicals (VIDEO) January 26, 2013
- “Very significant” explosion at dam next to U.S. nuclear site — ‘Plasma’ created due to tremendous amount of heat — Same type of phenomenon as lightning — Nuclear site’s fire department responds to blast (VIDEO) December 1, 2015
- Report: Radioactive tritium very close to Los Alamos fire, about half a mile away — Lab would be the last to tell you if there was a serious problem (VIDEO) June 28, 2011