France says Japan lost control, French should leave, Reuters, March 16, 2011 6:51am EST:
The French government said on Wednesday that Japan was losing control of the situation at the Fukushima nuclear power plant and urged its nationals in Tokyo to leave the country or head to southern Japan. …
Industry Minister Eric Besson said the situation at the Fukushima plant, some 240 km (150 miles) north of Tokyo, appeared to be getting out of control.
“Let’s not beat about the bush. They have visibly lost the essential of control (of the situation). That is our analysis, in any case, it’s not what they are saying,” Besson told BFM television.
Environment Minister Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet branded the situation in Japan a “catastrophe” and said the latest information on Wednesday “does not lead to optimism”. …
Read the report here.
Published: March 16th, 2011 at 7:29 am ET
- Tokyo has lost almost all control of events at Fukushima: Energy Official March 15, 2011
- Criticality? Nuclear chain reaction may have caused explosion at France MOX plant, says French nuke expert September 12, 2011
- Japan Author: Fukushima disaster “impossible to control” — Senior Scientist: The sheer number of things going wrong… they’ve never solved any problems — Mutual Fund: Officials never regained control at plant December 3, 2013
- Report: Senior official admits Fukushima plant “out of control” — Tepco then claims he “meant to say something different” (VIDEO) September 13, 2013
- Asahi: Fukushima officials declare “emergency” over 300 tons of radioactive water entering ocean everyday; Demands Gov’t retract 2011 claim that plant is under control — Tokyo Governor: It’s not under control as Prime Minister says September 22, 2013