Asahi TV’s ‘Morning Bird’
Published by: treesneedco2
Date Uploaded: Oct 10, 2012
At 3:30 in
Masao Yoshida, Fukushima Daiichi Chief: We’ve got another problem. The fuel pool at the unit 1 is exposed now.
Unidentified Voice: Huh!?
Yoshida: I want to do something about it but how can I?
How can they cool the unit 1 fuel pool? Ex-Chief Yoshida asked for opinions but…
Fukushima Off-site: Ice? How about throw in some ice?
Main Office: Why would you throw ice or dry ice in the pool?
Fukushima Daiichi: The pool holds about 3000 tons of water. It will literally be like pouring water on a hot stone.
Watch the broadcast here
Published: October 11th, 2012 at 1:14 am ET
- Nuclear Expert: I believe entire No. 4 fuel pool had drained to point where boiling occurred — Footage shows top of fuel racks were exposed to air (VIDEO) May 13, 2012
- Footage of large piece of debris dropping into Fukushima Unit 3 fuel pool during snowstorm (VIDEO) February 10, 2013
- New Tepco footage shows debris dangling in Fukushima Unit 3 fuel pool (VIDEO) September 13, 2012
- Watch: Clear footage of crane pushing half-ton steel beam into Fukushima No. 3 Spent Fuel Pool (VIDEO) September 24, 2012
- New underwater footage inside Unit 3 pool shows fuel rack covered in rubble (VIDEO) September 24, 2012