Tweet from Fukushima Daiichi worker @Happy11311 translated by Fukushima Diary:
I’ve been tweeting about this since last year, but I think the shortage of skillful nuclear workers is becoming real. Especially Fukushima workers can’t get the next job because they have exceeded the yearly dose limit, more and more sub-contract companies will have to be closed. Actually some of the nuclear workers and sub-contract companies are struggling to continue working.
Published: July 6th, 2012 at 12:09 am ET
- Fukushima Worker: “Some co-workers are really tempered, they use violence sometimes” — We are not to cause any trouble like fight while at Reactor No. 3 July 22, 2012
- Workers are fired once they have heatstroke -Fukushima Daiichi Worker August 3, 2012
- WHO: Fukushima workers had radiation dose over 10 sieverts in their thyroids December 1, 2012
- Developing: Fukushima workers reporting at least one injured in Unit 4 turbine building November 21, 2012
- For first time, officials admit to ‘shortage of workers’ at Fukushima — Tepco promises ‘additional efforts’ to get more — BBC reveals homeless people cleaning reactors and “modern slavery” in Japan nuclear industry… exactly 14 years ago October 29, 2013