Fukushima Daiichi Worker: I got worried about corrosion of pipes after seeing new video of Reactor 1 — One day pipes will break from slight quake after seeing how much they corroded in only a year — Same risk at all four reactors (PHOTO)
Tweets by Fukushima Daiichi worker @Happy11311 translated by Fukushima Diary:
7:11 AM on June 28, 2012
Today’s “shake” was spooky to remind me of 311, but nothing happened. Anyway, yesterday Tepco published the video about inside of reactor1′s torus room. The high level of radiation was expected but I got worried about the corrosion of the pipes.
7:12 AM on June 28, 2012
[...] One day, the corroded pipes will be broken by a slight shock of an earthquake seeing how much the pipes have been corroded only within a year. Contaminated water may spread around by going through the corroded pipes.
7:14 AM on June 28, 2012
but that’s not only for reactor1, reactor2 ~ 4 can leak contaminated water for the same reason. [...]
- Tepco Employee: What are they doing? Predicted that pipes would freeze causing water leakage — Now 23 points leaking — Tepco: “It’s hard to keep man power” January 31, 2012
- Kaku: Fukushima reactors “a ticking time bomb” — “Catastrophe beyond comprehension” if major pipe break or quake (VIDEO) December 17, 2012
- Asahi: Gov’t had plan to inject cement into Fukushima reactors using pipes a mile away April 19, 2013
- NYTimes: Report suggests extensive damage from quake at Fukushima Daiichi — Pipes may have burst leading to loss of cooling within 30 minutes — “Casts doubts on safety of Japan’s entire fleet of nuclear plants” July 5, 2012
- Nuclear Expert in 2011: “We are going to see the dance we’re in for another year or so” — They may throw up their hands and pour concrete on reactors (AUDIO) April 12, 2012