Today’s “shake” was spooky to remind me of 311, but nothing happened. Anyway, yesterday Tepco published the video about inside of reactor1′s torus room. The high level of radiation was expected but I got worried about the corrosion of the pipes.
[...] One day, the corroded pipes will be broken by a slight shock of an earthquake seeing how much the pipes have been corroded only within a year. Contaminated water may spread around by going through the corroded pipes.
but that’s not only for reactor1, reactor2 ~ 4 can leak contaminated water for the same reason. [...]
Published: June 29th, 2012 at 4:51 am ET
- Tepco Employee: What are they doing? Predicted that pipes would freeze causing water leakage — Now 23 points leaking — Tepco: “It’s hard to keep man power” January 31, 2012
- Kaku: Fukushima reactors “a ticking time bomb” — “Catastrophe beyond comprehension” if major pipe break or quake (VIDEO) December 17, 2012
- Asahi: Gov’t had plan to inject cement into Fukushima reactors using pipes a mile away April 19, 2013
- NYTimes: Report suggests extensive damage from quake at Fukushima Daiichi — Pipes may have burst leading to loss of cooling within 30 minutes — “Casts doubts on safety of Japan’s entire fleet of nuclear plants” July 5, 2012
- Tepco: Frozen water ruptures pipes at Fukushima plant — Cooling system stops at Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 January 29, 2012