Title: Namie doctor refuses to abandon residents
Source: Kyodo News
Author: Tomomi Miura
Date: June 14, 2013
Shunji Sekine, 71, opened a temporary clinic in early May in Namie, Fukushima Prefecture, to examine residents who began visiting their homes after evacuating the coastal town during the 2011 nuclear disaster. [...]
He said many of his patients used to be robust farmers with powerful voices but are now unable to stand without the assistance of family members. Some even need wheelchairs.
“They look depressed and completely different from how they were before the accident,” he said, adding that he feels a strong need to establish a rehabilitation facility for them.
“Since many patients are stressed out, let’s treat each of them as individual human beings,” Hayato Shiga, a 25-year-old nurse employed by Sekine, recalled the doctor saying during his job interview. [...]
Published: June 14th, 2013 at 11:50 am ET
- Fukushima Mother’s Plea to U.N.: Children and adults are suffering tremendously — Sharp increase in bloody urine, bone pain, more — Doctor says many have similar symptoms with unknown causes — Family’s health deteriorated all at once, recovered soon after moving September 27, 2013
- Kyodo Feature: Residents complaining of unexplained hair loss, diarrhea, fatigue around Fukushima plant -Retired Doctor July 5, 2012
- Fukushima Mom: 5 hospitals refuse to provide medical care to children; “We can’t be seen by a doctor when we want to be seen”… “It is just not right” — Doctor: It will be confusing if our result is different than Fukushima Medical University August 28, 2012
- Japan Doctor: “Tokyo should no longer be inhabited” — Everyone here is a victim of Fukushima — People truly suffering — Bleeding under skin, urinary hemorrhaging — Children’s blood tests started changing last year — Time running short… up to physicians to save our citizens and future generations July 17, 2014
- SMH: Too late to flee Fukushima fallout? Refugees discuss bizarre rashes — Doctor talks of purple spots, concerned about Tokyo radiation December 6, 2011