Fukushima Evacuee: Everyone is worried… there’s no end in sight — Decontamination is impossible — If they’re not careful more people are going to start killing themselves (VIDEO)
In Containment: The people of Minamisoma, 15 months after the meltdown – Part 2/5
Director/editor: Ian Thomas Ash
Camera: Ian Thomas Ash/ Koji Fujita
Published on Jul 11, 2012
Published by DocumentingIan
At 3:15 in
Odaka Resident: It’s been over a year so they say radioactive decontamination is impossible.
People are so worried about the future. Everyone is worried. There will be more suicides. There is no end in sight.
I just want the gov’t to start telling the truth. We just don’t know who to believe.
If they’re not careful more people are going to start killing themselves.
- BBC: “Actual situation is much, much worse than we were told” says evacuee — “From the start Japan gov’t officials have lied” December 19, 2011
- Zeolite may make sense for people in the Cascades (Northwestern US) exposed after Fukushima, but be careful -Gundersen (VIDEO) June 19, 2012
- Documentary: An insurance person told me people from Fukushima may not be able to get life insurance, and especially cancer insurance (VIDEO) July 2, 2012
- “Shocking”: Officials make it mandatory to use Fukushima rice in school lunches December 17, 2012
- Japanese NPO: “We need to start a rotating evacuation for children as soon as possible” — “Radiation just continues to accumulate” (VIDEO) October 1, 2012