In Containment: The people of Minamisoma, 15 months after the meltdown – Part 2/5
Director/editor: Ian Thomas Ash
Camera: Ian Thomas Ash/ Koji Fujita
Published on Jul 11, 2012
Published by DocumentingIan
At 3:15 in
Odaka Resident: It’s been over a year so they say radioactive decontamination is impossible.
People are so worried about the future. Everyone is worried. There will be more suicides. There is no end in sight.
I just want the gov’t to start telling the truth. We just don’t know who to believe.
If they’re not careful more people are going to start killing themselves.
Published: July 12th, 2012 at 6:37 pm ET
- BBC: “Actual situation is much, much worse than we were told” says evacuee — “From the start Japan gov’t officials have lied” December 19, 2011
- NBC Nightly News: Worry at Fukushima plant — Scientist reveals “increased” amounts of radioactive groundwater have started flowing into ocean — Contamination levels in marine life to start rising — “Other countries are worried” (VIDEO) September 25, 2013
- Gundersen: All of Japan is contaminated, gov’t covering up enormous exposures to public; Epidemic is just beginning — Evacuee: We are in fact dying in Fukushima; What happened to us will soon affect all Japanese people (VIDEOS) December 16, 2013
- Fukushima Evacuee: We’re human guinea-pigs in an experiment… we’ll never forgive gov’t or Tepco! — US Attorney: It’s up to the American people to make them pay; Japan is threatening to put people who speak out in concentration camps (AUDIO) December 12, 2013
- Former Official: Fukushima radiation is killing children… heart problems, leukemia, thyroid — Terrible things are going on — Authorities hiding truth from world — We need to admit many people are dying, but we’re not allowed to say that (VIDEO) April 21, 2014