Title: Letters From Mothers Evacuating With Their Children #1
Source: OCHABERIKAI (“A group of mothers evacuating with their children from Fukushima nuclear power plant disaster”)
[...] I presumed that Koriyama [60 kilometers from Fukushima Daiichi] was not seriously damaged, for it was not designated for evacuation-needed area.
I was presuming if it were in a dangerous situation, the government would do something.
Without knowing anything, I was in the long line to get water and foods for life in water failure due to the earthquake and food scarcity even at supermarket.
Abnormal changes began to occur on my oldest son, a pupil. Stomatitis, eczema, fever, epistaxis, and so on. I didn’t know at that time, but those are the very initial symptoms of health damage that people around Chernobyl after the NP-plant accident
Those symptoms are occurring on not only my son but also many children living in Fukushima and broadly Tohoku, Kanto region. [...]
Minister Edano’s words “It doesn’t influence our health immediately.” means “It does someday.” [...]
Even if it doesn’t influence our health immediately, we will be damaged in our health in the near future after being radiated for a long time. It has already turned out. [...]
See also: Foreign doctors on Fukushima trip "very surprised" at condition of patients: "Symptoms are always the same" -- Pains at rear of ears, stomatitis, skin disease... more (VIDEO)
Published: December 10th, 2012 at 10:47 pm ET
- Japanese Doctor: Children’s health problems increasing — Incurable stomatitis, chest pain, nosebleeds that don’t stop, diarrhea April 18, 2012
- Japanese Judge: Already signs of major health hazard in Fukushima — Kids may end up like those around Chernobyl — Urgent need for evacuation (VIDEO) February 5, 2013
- 43% of kids have thyroid abnormalities in new Fukushima City test results (CHART) September 11, 2012
- Kyodo: Radiation fears keep Fukushima kids inside — Filmmaker: Adults break down in tears when seeing children forced to play at indoor ‘smile parks’… “Suddenly, I was overcome with emotion and began to sob” December 25, 2012
- AP: Fukushima unleashed radiation that will affect region’s health for decades — Book: Effects seem to be rapidly increasing September 30, 2013