Zukunashi no Hiyamizu, June 9, 2014 (h/t Dissensus Japan]: Why many of decontamination volunteers died — “Genpatsu Mondai” wrote a blog article in the May 21, 2014 titled “Joining the volunteer with Fukushima citizens result in sudden death!!! Two of fifteen students in the neighborhood already died from an unknown cause”. In this article, you can read many dead cases of volunteers who went to Fukushima and worked there. They went to contaminated area and worked for decontamination as volunteers. [...] Basically the purpose of volunteers is to go to the contaminated area where the air dose rate is high and to work there.
Sulejman Brkic, June 12, 2014: We left for Fukushima by bus very early on May 31, from Yokohama [...] At the rest area where we stopped to pick up our guide, Masumi K. [...] According to Masumi san, the population is divided between those who trust the government and the ones who don’t [...] Don’t forget Fukushima are the words spoken to us by Masumi K. [...] Masumi is from Okuma which she fled with her family after the nuclear explosions in 2011 [...] She has been also battling cancer for some time now [...] her husband got seriously sick and needed a new kidney, Masumi gave him one of hers. [...] [A] young anonymous worker [at Fukushima Daiichi] told us [...] about so many small and big acts of exploitation [...] that…well…one stops listening, not on purpose, but it’s just too much, too overwhelming, it starts sounding normal after a while, I am sorry I can’t remember all of it. At every step in that area one can see or hear or feel the Japanese government’s lies and crimes. [...] After the young anonymous worker, Masumi K talked again. She told us, again among many other stories of suffering, about the increase in suicides, consumption of alcohol, domestic violence, depression…she also told us how after the ongoing nuclear disaster there was a time when quite lots of people suddenly started having nose bleeds, cats and dogs too, it lasted for some time and then it suddenly stopped.
Published: June 18th, 2014 at 3:27 pm ET
- “Groundbreaking” study reveals Fukushima nuclear waste is poisoning wildlife: Up to 99% of offspring died after eating ‘low-level’ contaminated food — “Very high” abnormality rates including “severe and rare” deformities (PHOTOS) September 23, 2014
- NBC News: ‘Biblical devastation’ from Fukushima disaster, says former official — TV: “When I was mayor, I knew many people who died from heart attacks… many people in Fukushima died suddenly, even young people… Tepco employees also are dying, but everyone is keeping mum about it” (VIDEO) April 23, 2014
- Japan Paper: “Horses became weak and died, one by one, from an unknown cause” at farm in Fukushima — Farmer: “There is something seriously wrong going on… This country is going mad, I‘m sure something grave is going to happen” — 14 out of 15 newborn horses died last year (PHOTOS) June 15, 2014
- Author had bouts of nosebleeds, plagued by unusual fatigue after Fukushima plant visits — Group of newspaper journalists “confess to suffering similar symptoms” — Official unbearably sick since 3/11, many residents are too they just don’t say it openly — Worker: “This is like going to war” May 5, 2014
- New Journal Article: Fukushima may have already released 90 quadrillion becquerels of cesium-137 — Much more than Chernobyl’s 70 quadrillion becquerels January 8, 2014