Title: Fukushima: The Second Anniversary
Date: Mar 14, 2013
At 11:15 in
Ryugo Hayano, Tokyo University professor:
After the Chernobyl accident, also the percentage of internal contamination decreased.
But then it went up again after 5-10 years.
We have to make sure it doesn’t happen here in Fukushima.
Published: March 16th, 2013 at 1:59 pm ET
- Radiation levels rise for 5th month straight in Fukushima city (PHOTO) December 14, 2012
- Senior Scientist: Second radioactive plume headed to California — “Effects of Fukushima will be increasing” as front edge of large water plume arrives — Levels to rise for years — “It’s a health and safety issue here” yet no one testing ocean (VIDEO) January 19, 2014
- Significant rise in cancer risk within 5 years after exposure to ‘low-dose’ radiation — 12% increase after 40 millisieverts November 7, 2011
- Senior Scientist: Fukushima radiation already on West Coast of N. America — We don’t know how much is coming or how fast it’s moving, situation ‘evolving’ — Levels will continue to rise for years — Unprecedented event for Pacific, largest ever radioactive release into ocean (VIDEO) January 15, 2014
- Fukushima Daiichi Worker: Contamination is still spreading around from plant — Significantly high levels may be spread during decommissioning work January 23, 2013