Fukushima Journalist at UC Berkeley: Gov’t complained when school tried to remove radioactive material — “Why you did that? You don’t need to” — But mothers are standing up (VIDEO)
Title: Reporter From Fukushima Prefecture Speaks at UC Berkeley About Cleaning Up Contaminated Schools
Date: November 20, 2012
Hiroko Aihara, Journalist: Koriyama City, last year two months after, they decided to clean up the school ground.
The city did that.
But after that, national government said to mayor ‘Why you did that? You don’t need to remove soil from the school grounds.’
But mothers are standing up.
- SOS from Fukushima Mothers: “Desperate, hopeless situation… Please help” (VIDEO) February 5, 2013
- Weekly Asahi: 70% of children tested in Kanto (a region that includes Tokyo) have radioactive cesium in their urine -Journalist #Fukushima October 1, 2013
- Jiji: School outside Fukushima reports sharp increase in headaches, stomachaches; Visits to nurse up big — Kids easily losing concentration and become irritable, says govt psychiatrist September 15, 2012
- Fukushima Mothers: Daughter has so many thyroid cysts doctor can’t count them all — Hospital told not to test kids November 5, 2012
- Freelance Journalist in Japan: Fukushima gov’t dumping tons of radioactive mud from decontamination into river at night February 8, 2012